Resurrecting a $900 1986 with 7.3idi swap. Fuel?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my view that if your ponds don't freeze over every winter then you shouldn't be able to field an NHL hockey team. lol
That said, the Boston Bruins just beat the Florida Panthers. ;-)
Great game though. And ice hockey certainly should be played everywhere. There's no better sport on this planet, imho,

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need heat down there? lol
You suffer from the "Florida is palm trees and beach babes" delusion. I live in NW Florida, it is going to be in the low 30s the next few nights and only in the 60s during the days. Now I know you're laughing, but according to Yankees that I've talked to they say that the cold down here is unusual because of our humidity. But to me......it's cold.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @SkylabTech86IDI, I thought you'd dig this. I took apart a IP that I pulled off my dually several months ago, maybe a year ago. I determined it was going bad, if I remember correctly it was doing the heat sink thing I think. Anyway, I'm not "rebuilding" it anytime soon but I took it apart....... pretty cool, huh?

Attachments

• IMG_20221027_174747.jpg
    IMG_20221027_174747.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 7

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
How in the heck did they fit a harley logo inside that??

SkylabTech86IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @SkylabTech86IDI, I thought you'd dig this. I took apart a IP that I pulled off my dually several months ago, maybe a year ago. I determined it was going bad, if I remember correctly it was doing the heat sink thing I think. Anyway, I'm not "rebuilding" it anytime soon but I took it apart....... pretty cool, huh?
Pretty cool! Out of those parts that you’ve spilled out there, do you think you’ll be able to rebuild it and put it back together in the future?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool! Out of those parts that you’ve spilled out there, do you think you’ll be able to rebuild it and put it back together in the future?
Definitely. I've got several IPs actually. That one was officially "bad". When I get really motivated I'm going to pull another one apart but have a reseal kit on hand and do a "comparitive analysis" and put it back together. I just had some time and I've really just wanted to take one apart. I'm going to pull apart the "no-no" parts at some point just to look. I like just looking at how things are made. I've have disassembled all sorts of things, sometimes to my detriment, but sometimes to my benifit.