Replacement cabs for 67-72 Chevy/GMC trucks?

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awhile back, on 'Trucks', back when Stacy was hosting the show, he mentioned a replacement cab for these trucks, think it might have been involving project 'Copperhead'. Anyone know where they are offering them?

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Hmm. new or a old cab? Brothers truck sells complete cabs, but they are for 47-53 trucks. Link: http://www.brotherstrucks.com/products.asp?dept=710

Here's another source: http://www.justsheetmetal.com/classic_body_TR47.asp

If you go to the main page of just sheet metal and click on chevy pu, you'll get more panels (like a new truck bed) for a 67-72, but i'm not seeing any full cabs? Sure they didn't use patch panels? I've never seen the show, so have no idea what I am really talking about if that matters!

Found this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Chevy-Truck-Cab-1969-/271420061839

and this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-72-Chevy-Truck-10-PC-Cab-repair-Kit-/310870080648

And that's all I know. Closest I come to a chevy is a 59 apache in the backyard or a 57 belair in the garage here!

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When he( Stacy) was talking about how they built Copperhead(I think) he said that they got a brand new cab from some company. Made new, just like the new Dynacorn Mustangs and Camaros. I'm looking to restore my grandpa's 69 GMC Custom Camper 20 with full-floaters; well, that AND I've always thought the idea of building a new 'Baja truck' using the old design would be B-A-D A-S-S.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then, I must say a very hearty 'Thank You' as I've tried looking various times and found nothing.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coulda sworn it was, of course maybe he just mentioned it in another episode and it had nothing to do with Copperhead. I coulda sworn though that one time he mentioned some company doing that.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I'd have to put on a eye patch to see a copy of the episode, so I can't say much more. At least you have most of the parts list for the truck if you wanted to recreate it some!

The internet is abuzz with the remade cabs for 47-59 gmc/chevy trucks, imagine I would find the same for 67-72. Do the 67-72's have the same cab corner rot as the 50's trucks?

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some yes, some no, it all really depends on where the truck is driven/stored; but that's the case with every truck.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Why do you need a cab for the truck? Is it beyond repair? The "Poke a finger through cheese cloth" type of rust is all over it?

Sal

Reaction score
That was a long time ago. Before dynacore(?) even came out.

But it was sweet with the zz572 in it with no2.

Nothing more too add besides his willys wagon was cooler IMO.

Andertusa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Mohavewolf The cab isn't really that bad, but it's always nice to have that one extra resource to tap if we need it. Mainly though, as I said, the idea of a old-bodied, modern baja-style truck would be pretty cool. :)

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
If you needed one from here (seen some before) cabs without doors, instruments, seats, etc etc are $110+ taxes. Providing it's not a east coast transplant, it's rust free in theory!