Replaced fuel pump now I can’t get fuel to upper bowl

Myersjames755

Reaction score
I have a 2003 f250 6.0 i replaced the fuel pump now I can’t get fuel to the upper bowl I had a five gallon can of diesel so I ran a line to the can and the pump works fine and filled the bowl up and the truck started up just fine but when I connect the main line coming from the tank the pump will not pull fuel from the main tank again the pump works fine only when attached to the main line from the tank I get no fuel

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps the suction line inside the tank has broken.
It is common to fail in one of two places:
1. at the screen on the bottom of the tube
2. at the vacuum relief mechanism on the side of the tube at about the 1/4 level

Edit - I see in another post that you have 1/2 a tank of fuel.

That means to me that your suction screen has probably "blinded off".

You need to pull that tube (ie drop the tank or raise the bed).

IMO installing a sump (Beans mini sump is good) is the best thing to do. You can drill a hole to start installing the sump and drain out the 12-15 gallons (3 - 5 gallon buckets).

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 f250 6.0 i replaced the fuel pump now I can’t get fuel to the upper bowl I had a five gallon can of diesel so I ran a line to the can and the pump works fine and filled the bowl up and the truck started up just fine but when I connect the main line coming from the tank the pump will not pull fuel from the main tank again the pump works fine only when attached to the main line from the tank I get no fuel
Blow 10 psi back through into the tank listen for blowing bubbles also Never trust a Ford fuel gauge especially if it's been sitting f