Remote start switch

Craig58

Reaction score
In the middle of replacing return line orings, olives (4) and fuel filter. Want to put a primer bulb in between the lift pump and filter head. I have a metal hard line now connecting the two. Will it be ok to just cut a section of hard line out for the insertion of the primer bulb? Since I will have had the entire fuel system opened up, I'll need to purge the entire system of air but have no one to crank the engine while I'm pushing the schrader valve. If I bought a remote start switch, where do you make the connections under the hood? Also, I deleted the check valve at the middle top of the fuel filter head, it had a rubber line going down to the return line...what do I use to cap the inlet at the return line fitting? Thank you, sorry for so many questions

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
The bump starter switch should be connected to the hot side of the passenger side battery on one terminal of the switch, and the other to the small terminal of the fender mount starter solenoid where the red angled connector is now. You can just buy a push button switch.

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bump starter switch should be connected to the hot side of the passenger side battery on one terminal of the switch, and the other to the small terminal of the fender mount starter solenoid where the red angled connector is now. You can just buy a push button switch.

Rock

Easier yet, connect it to the hot lead from the battery at the solenoid and the small ignition wire on the solenoid.

Craig58

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies, would you guys replace the metal hard line from the lift pump to the filter head with a rubber hose? Seems like it would make it easier to put the primer bulb in it, or would you just cut the metal line and connect it that way? Heading to town to get the remote switch shortly and will get proper fittings to convert to rubber depending on what yall think...

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Thank you for the replies, would you guys replace the metal hard line from the lift pump to the filter head with a rubber hose? Seems like it would make it easier to put the primer bulb in it, or would you just cut the metal line and connect it that way? Heading to town to get the remote switch shortly and will get proper fittings to convert to rubber depending on what yall think...
FWIW, you should just be able to slide 3/8 fuel hose over the hard lines and use good hose clamps.

Rock

Craig58

Reaction score
We'll guys, it was a total success! Ended up cutting about 8" out of the original hard pipe and plumbed in a primer bulb. Took a.little time to get all the air out but she's running absolutely beautiful AND not a leak anywhere. Will be interesting to see if eliminating the check valve on the filter head and putting in the primer bulb between the lift pump and filter will make a difference in keeping the system primed after sitting for a few days? Thank you so very much everyone for sharing your knowledge and showing patience with all the questions I had. I feel amazing ...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online