Recall notice

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The harness from the switch on my master cylinder was not changed. I still haven't found anything different. I saw on another site that the new harness was installed on the frame rail somewhere. I just haven't crawled under to check mine out yet.

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness from the switch on my master cylinder was not changed. I still haven't found anything different. I saw on another site that the new harness was installed on the frame rail somewhere. I just haven't crawled under to check mine out yet.

The recall harness fits between the switch on the end of the master cylinder and the connector that is fastened to it from the factory. If you do not have cruise control you will not have the switch, and I suspect although do not know for a fact, that it applies only to automatic equipped trucks-manual shift probably do not have the switch on the master cylinder.

In any event, it will NOT be on the frame rail. Check the end of the master cylinder for the harness.

Slade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 5 speed with cruise and they changed out the harness but I haven't followed it out yet to see where it goes.

Last edited:

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
why would they all the sudden send out a letter on a 20+ year old truck???? they don't even make the 6.9's anymore?? i wonder where they get this information....

I talked to my buddy last week, (Local Dealer Top Mechanic) he said it has been around before under a different number, something about a few missed trucks caught fire so they put it out again. Seems some owners just don't answer the letters (they will send three) and then stop sending them. I think I went on line and registered my truck, or maybe called to see if it had any recalls?:dunno

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I registered my truck with Ford's website about a month or two ago...Yesterday in the mail, I got the same notice saying the same thing. Good lich to them if they think they can get it out of the truck in 30 seconds....God bless the rust belt!

2manydsls

Reaction score
I got the recall notice for my 1992 E-350 van without cruise control. It said I need the fix even without cruise. It also said to park said vehicle away from any buildings until fix is done.
Ross

burnout350vo

Reaction score
yea, i just got the same recall, havnt called them about it yet, my lift pump, starter, and water pump all just went out on me, cant make it to the dealer yet

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The recall harness fits between the switch on the end of the master cylinder and the connector that is fastened to it from the factory. If you do not have cruise control you will not have the switch, and I suspect although do not know for a fact, that it applies only to automatic equipped trucks-manual shift probably do not have the switch on the master cylinder.

In any event, it will NOT be on the frame rail. Check the end of the master cylinder for the harness.

I just found the new harness they installed. It is on the frame rail. On the driver side , if you pop the hood and look down on the top of the frame, there is a T fitting in my brake line that has a pressure switch on it. I noticed a shiny blue tag dangling from a shiny new section of harness that attached to the switch.

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 1993 evidently is set up differently than my 1994. Could be a year to year difference, a brake controller installation, or who knows what. It's cold and snowing out or I would post a picture of the installation on my F250.
Merry Christmas to all.....

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking, just a year to year thing. I'll try and grab a pic of mine today as well.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Here's mine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965