Recall notice

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Yes, that is the switch....... The recall was 93-97. I see a 92 E350 in your sig...... If that is the vehicle you did the master cylinder swap on, you never had this switch in the first place.

It's weird though, it lists the 92 econoline as being effected in that webaddress posted above. My van has electronic control but doesn't use that sensor.

maddenji

Reaction score
Got mine done this morning. No switch replacement, just a new wiring harness that looks like it has some fusing integrated into it.
Part # 8W7Z 14A11 C
Jim

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
It's weird though, it lists the 92 econoline as being effected in that webaddress posted above. My van has electronic control but doesn't use that sensor.

My 93 F250 is listed in the recall as well and I have electronic cruise control and my master cylinder doesn't have the sensor, nor does my truck have the wiring harness for it......... sometimes I wonder if they just guess at the years with the problems ....... cookoo

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
This an interesting recall....that sensor [if I'm not mistaken] is one of the areas you need to check when your cruise don't work...I seem to remember posting something about finding that issue with mine but I'll be damned if I can get past this CRS :confused: :D

And in regards to finding current owners...I am the second owner so I guess they are doing their due diligence ;Sweet

Anywhoo....here is what I got in the mail....
You must be registered for see images attach

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would they all the sudden send out a letter on a 20+ year old truck???? they don't even make the 6.9's anymore?? i wonder where they get this information....

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine done yesterday, took 15min, long enough to check out the new trucks. 45,ooo$ for a 4x4 f-150:dunno

i odn't think 45,000 for a F150 maybe you were looking at the F250 or F350 Super Duty... last time i checked they were in the 25,000 and 30,000 range

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not the first time this recal has gone out. I suspect they were not satisfied with the results of the first attempt and have now spent a good amount of effort to re-introduce it to get the ones that slipped through.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mine tonight. Noticed that they fingered both Lady Moose and the Moose Wagon for the recall. Guess 7 year old trucks are affected too.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We finally got the other two for our fleet today. so now we have them for all three of our 94's.

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the reply #22 your talking about if so it doesn't answer my question.

Sorry....I intended to reference message 32----.the fuse is inline with the harness they install.

What the mechanic does is unplug the existing harness from the switch on the end of the master cylinder, and plug the new harness into both ends, then zip ties the new harness to the existing wire looms. Takes all of 3 minutes if he/she is slow.

Last edited: