Quick video showin fuel pressure help

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know my lift pump is very old I want to replace it soon but I just installed a gauge and it seems to have good pressure but can you tell me if it's normal for it to fluctuate so much. I know it's pumping off a cam lobe I just always seen even my gassers a lot steadier

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had that on a Kenworth truck I owned. It was the gauge. They are internally dampened and will move that much when to dampener does bad.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the same gauge on an electric fuel pump and it did the same thing, replaced with water filled jegs gauge and it went away

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what I used for diagnosing a suspected supply side issue. no vibrating needle here. slight overkill since it's a gauge for high psi work, but still it's great for blind mechs. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep normal 4-7 lbs working, if over 100,000 or 15 years, id replace, they are not that expensive

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just changed my lift pump. Wanted to show an after video of the fuel pressure difference. Now it’s steady where before it bounced. I noticed a bit more power and more smoke. I knew my old one was going out as on big hills my filter light would come on

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with those filter head mounted gauges. Had a cheap one on my rig and it lasted about 10 hours. Left me stranded on side of road in middle of nowhere after it broke & spewed about 10 gallons of diesel all over engine compartment. Scary stuff and can’t believe it didn’t ignite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online