Quick theory to remove water?

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started the wmo process and was curious about if an idea would work to de water the wmo. Would hooking up my ac vacuume servicing pump to a fitting on the steel drum allow the inside to pull vacuume and essentially boil out the water? I was thinking I could make a fitting for the top as my drum is water tight and just run my vacuume pump on it for a few hours

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I would be curious to if the drum could take the vacuum. It may collapse.
I've looked around at people using ac vacuums for larger amounts of water. Say where it's actually condensed, it usually won't do anything to it.
Now maybe they were using lower end vacuum pumps. I don't know.
But applying heat would help. And that's how most remove moisture, just heat it to boiling point of water and let it go a couple hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a small WMO processer, it uses rock salt in the bottom of the first barrel. takes a day or two tho

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small WMO processer, it uses rock salt in the bottom of the first barrel. takes a day or two tho

... ok school me here...

what's the rock salt do? absorb moisture or....? How often do you change it out?

I've always been a bit nervous when it comes to heating large quantities of waste oil to remove water.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Why not just run it through an oil/water separator filter head?

I've often wondered why it wouldn't work............

On the other hand, I just settle my drums for a year and pour off the oil in winter.
-20° makes a slow pump, but the water's solid in the bottom......... :D

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a centrifuge today for removing water. I was going to order the goldenrod 1 inch npt water block water /seperator but the more I read about them the more I found water seperator filters are only good for small quantitys. If you have say a gallon that goes through it the filter would swell up and stop flowing. A centrifuge will filter even better and remove water

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, 'mr filter' thing, can you throw up a link so I can check it out. I'm still all ears to try something new out

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk if anyone's tried those turbine water seperator a I'd like to hear how they worked? It shows they spin the water out to seperate but idk how effective they are with an oil mix instead of fuel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online