Questions about the first Gen Lightning.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, truth be told i have parted out 5. i hate to say it but i find them totaled and buy them to strip and sell. i used to do that to mustangs a lot but since then have been doing this to trucks. never parted out a 95 model, but ive done 3 93s and 2 94s. ebay has been good to me on this and it helped me pay for racing my motorcycle last year.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
well, truth be told i have parted out 5. i hate to say it but i find them totaled and buy them to strip and sell. i used to do that to mustangs a lot but since then have been doing this to trucks. never parted out a 95 model, but ive done 3 93s and 2 94s. ebay has been good to me on this and it helped me pay for racing my motorcycle last year.

And what does that have to do with calling a member rude names?:dunno

Reaction score
I have a hard copy of the same catalog. That is where I got the idea of swapping in some Lightning parts. But I cannot afford those brand new prices. So I am on the hunt for the gently used stuff.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with calling a member rude names?:dunno

well, first off anyone you dont agree with your an ******* to. and second you said it yourself you dont have to be nice, so why should I? honestly the way you talk to people in here if you spoke with them like that to there face i bet youd find yourself picking yourself off the ground. you completely smarted off medwards29, and in an ****** way. yes, he was speaking of the second gen, but no reason the say it the way you did. so i guess what im saying is get off your high horse and give someone some slack, cause i know theres many things you have no idea about, but youd throw your opinion out there anyways.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Mudkicker, do you have or can you get a good valance (air dam, spoiler, what ever they are called) with the lights?
when there good, thats always the first thing to go. sorry i dont have any right now. best thing to do is just buy a new frt air dam, and make up some brackets to fit some lights in there. i have done that before and it works just fine.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
well, first off anyone you dont agree with your an ******* to. and second you said it yourself you dont have to be nice, so why should I? honestly the way you talk to people in here if you spoke with them like that to there face i bet youd find yourself picking yourself off the ground. you completely smarted off medwards29, and in an ****** way. yes, he was speaking of the second gen, but no reason the say it the way you did. so i guess what im saying is get off your high horse and give someone some slack, cause i know theres many things you have no idea about, but youd throw your opinion out there anyways.

See there is where you are wrong. Unless i know 100% completely what i am talking about. I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. And i believe my point was proven about the interior color. I dont give my opinions unless they are asked for. But when someone want some technical info about something that i know about then i chime in. I dont give some BS answer on what i "think" is correct. The truth is black and white with no gray in between. There are all kinds of things I have no clue about with the diesel but other aspects of the trucks i do and that is where i chime in.

The internet is so full of people giving FALSE information and i am doing my part to stop that. I am NOT sorry that you got offended by me correcting you and medwards29 for giving false information. That is just my personality.

I call out people all day long (to their face) that are full of $#!+. I have yet to have one person take a swing at me. Most of the BSers out there are scared little kids that are just looking for attention and when i correct them they look even dumber than when they were spewing out false information.

So again. I spread the FACTS not just my opinion. I think it would be polite of you to appolgize to me for being wrong about the interior color but i highly doubt you have the decency to do that so i will not hold my breath.

RANT DONE:D

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See there is where you are wrong. Unless i know 100% completely what i am talking about. I KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. And i believe my point was proven about the interior color. I dont give my opinions unless they are asked for. But when someone want some technical info about something that i know about then i chime in. I dont give some BS answer on what i "think" is correct. The truth is black and white with no gray in between. There are all kinds of things I have no clue about with the diesel but other aspects of the trucks i do and that is where i chime in.

The internet is so full of people giving FALSE information and i am doing my part to stop that. I am NOT sorry that you got offended by me correcting you and medwards29 for giving false information. That is just my personality.

I call out people all day long (to their face) that are full of $#!+. I have yet to have one person take a swing at me. Most of the BSers out there are scared little kids that are just looking for attention and when i correct them they look even dumber than when they were spewing out false information.

So again. I spread the FACTS not just my opinion. I think it would be polite of you to appolgize to me for being wrong about the interior color but i highly doubt you have the decency to do that so i will not hold my breath.

RANT DONE:D

fact is your an *******, i will not apologize due to every lightning i have stripped has had different interior, so based on that FACT i spoke up. i wish i did keep pics of the trks i stripped but then who would? i also dont believe you know 100% what your talking about. and i am man enough to say when im wrong, but since i have seen 93 and 94 lightnings with darker interior, and on the door panels the 1 inch moldings having stripes in them, that for some reason sticks out to say they are different. but i guess you need to read your posts to find out how much of as ******* you really are. but the way i feel about it, im done with you. but i will say sorry to the OP for wasting his time reading the posts i wrote that didnt answer his question

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
fact is your an *******, i will not apologize due to every lightning i have stripped has had different interior, so based on that FACT i spoke up. i wish i did keep pics of the trks i stripped but then who would? i also dont believe you know 100% what your talking about. and i am man enough to say when im wrong, but since i have seen 93 and 94 lightnings with darker interior, and on the door panels the 1 inch moldings having stripes in them, that for some reason sticks out to say they are different. but i guess you need to read your posts to find out how much of as ******* you really are. but the way i feel about it, im done with you. but i will say sorry to the OP for wasting his time reading the posts i wrote that didnt answer his question

What FACT.? The fact that the interior had been changed since they were built in 93,94 0r 95. Owners change things all the time on their trucks, so unless i owned one since new or Worked on new ones i would't take anything as original

You have some anger management issues you need to deal with. I feel like i am arguing with a child with all the A**hole comments

Reaction score
when there good, thats always the first thing to go. sorry i dont have any right now. best thing to do is just buy a new frt air dam, and make up some brackets to fit some lights in there. i have done that before and it works just fine.

I was thinking about doing that. I have done it on other trucks in the past. If I cannot locate and affordable set then I will do it. I am really trying to use all stock parts on this biuld though.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
talked with my friend and he said the 93s had the charcoal, 94s has the light opal and the 95s have the dark charcoal although i havent seen a 95 in person to actually say i seen it.