Questions about the first Gen Lightning.

medwards29

Construction Project Manager
Reaction score
they have a supercharged 5.4L V8, not 5.8L, they have a white gauge cluster with a 120 mph speedometer, Step-side (flare-side) bed with chrome taillights, Chrome headlights, ground effects (low front bumper, low rear bumper, and low side skirts with cutout for exhaust in front of passenger rear tire, single cab only, captian seats with SVT stitching, and SVT Lightning on the passenger airbag compartment.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
can you say that any bigger, maybe you can make someone believe you more if its bigger, and by that statement it sounds like your saying a dash from a 87 will work in a 93, which we all know will not. and all lightnings had dark gray interior, even in 94 95

Never said the dash was the same. But it is the same dark charcoal gray color

My 94 is light opal gray interior. Along with every other 94, 95, 96 and 97 F series. The seats are dark charcoal in 93,94 and 95 Lightnings though. So anything else you need correction on, I will be more than happy to assist:D?

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
they have a supercharged 5.4L V8, not 5.8L, they have a white gauge cluster with a 120 mph speedometer, Step-side (flare-side) bed with chrome taillights, Chrome headlights, ground effects (low front bumper, low rear bumper, and low side skirts with cutout for exhaust in front of passenger rear tire, single cab only, captian seats with SVT stitching, and SVT Lightning on the passenger airbag compartment.

And you. You should just keep quiet.

The OP asked about the 1st gen lightning. NOT the 2nd Gen.

Some of your statements about the 2nd gen are correct but some are not

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I was looking at them in my LMC catalog. I want the Lightning one becuase it is so much cheaper. Plus I like that fact it is a stock part. The scary part is I do not know how much the factory lights will cost.

You can find factory fog lights(brackets and all) for around 50-100

medwards29

Construction Project Manager
Reaction score
well seeing that the Ford SVT lightning's 1st generation ended in 1995, i assumed he meant the 99-04 2nd generation when he said 96, so my bad, sorry I can't read minds, and it's a free country I can say what I want.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well seeing that the Ford SVT lightning's 1st generation ended in 1995, i assumed he meant the 99-04 2nd generation when he said 96, so my bad, sorry I can't read minds, and it's a free country I can say what I want.

hey man you got to remember, diesel brad is the ****** that knows it all. i know the interior is different, but he swears it isnt. but hell to each his own. never really seen diesel brad be nice in any of his posts, but oh well i guess if noone listens to him in real life he can always put his letters real big so someone on the interweb can read it. and yes free country, we can say what we want.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
hey man you got to remember, diesel brad is the ****** that knows it all. i know the interior is different, but he swears it isnt. but hell to each his own. never really seen diesel brad be nice in any of his posts, but oh well i guess if noone listens to him in real life he can always put his letters real big so someone on the interweb can read it. and yes free country, we can say what we want.

Well since you know so much too. Why dont you show me a 1st gen lightning that has different interior(other than the seat and speedo) than every other f series

EDIT: I am wrong, you are right. The lightnings have a fog light switch where the rest of the f-series do not. PLEASE HAVE SHAME ON ME:hail:hail

And i dont have to be nice.
I am just a stickler for details

O and here is a link to quite a few used lightnings with pictures. The 93s have DARK interior and the 94s and 95s have LIGHT gray interior
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searc...ce_DESC&awsp=false&systime=&rdm=1283302078050

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

You are right. Because the second gen lightnings and his 96 F250 have so much in commoncookoo

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would post the pics up of my interior, but i sold it and bought another interior to dye black. my lighting will be royal blue pearl with black interior, factory lightning seats, and a flareside bed. but since you know it all i guess you knew i sold it already.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
not to stir the pot but brad is right on the interior. the dark gray was used by ford until 93 on all ford f-series, switched to the light gray on the 94s+. friends 94 L has the light gray interior, which is the same as my dads 95 and two friends (94 and 96 respectivily) except the seats, speedo and dash surround. did some Ls escape with dark gray interior after 93? possibly as Ford had no rhyme or reason to what they did...this dates back to the 60s.

but to answer the OP, i wouldnt bother finding parts from a gen 1 for ur wifes truck. an edlebrock intake, aftermarket heads, cam and headers would yeild better results...the GT40 design is 17 years old and will be hard to come by, while the aftermarket stuff is newer tech and readily available.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will try and track one down. Now that I know there is a swithc I will need that as well. How do the fog lights under the bumper wire in? I am assuming there is a factory connector of some kind.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will try and track one down. Now that I know there is a swithc I will need that as well. How do the fog lights under the bumper wire in? I am assuming there is a factory connector of some kind.

Yeah
The lightnings have a factory harness for the fog lights. If I Have time tonight I will look and see if the harness is seperate or intergrated