Question about venting the tank on my old Dodge

Reaction score
When I sent my sending unit and siphon assemblies off to be rebuilt I figured I would not get the identical units back. No one seems to make them any more so the builder made me a “custom” set. I am very happy with the way they turned out. However, I am trying to figure out what to do with all the tubes I have to deal with. This tank is an auxiliary fuel tank that mounts under the bed of my 1972 Dodge D200. There is one filler neck for both the in cab tank and the auxiliary tank. They both vent separately though. The fill tube that runs to the auxiliary tank has a large diameter and a smaller diameter lines running next to it. I am assuming the larger is a vent line. The smaller of the two runs back into the larger further up the line near the fill tube. I have a place to attach the larger line but nowhere to attach the smaller one. Do I really need that smaller one? Can I just cap off the barb for it and run the single larger line? If not, would it do me any good to run a T fitting off the barb on the tank for the vent so I can hook both lines up?