Project setback

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well after trying to get things to fit before painting, I realized I had been sold the wrong core support. It was for the pre 87's. -cuss
SO after doing some footwork, Darrin found me a new core support but didn't quite work either. :cry:
This is what I have come up with to make things work. :smash:
I'm gonna use the bottom half of my high dollar core support......Don't ask, :backoff and the top half of the new core support that Darrin ordered for me which arrived today. ;Sweet
Talk about chop shop city here. :eek:
I was contemplating using my old bottom half of the core support that I replaced, but since I'm going into this thing with as little rusted remaining, I opted to use both of the new/newer supports to help prolong the truck life. cookoo

Man this thing just keeps getting weirder by the day.
So much for schedules. :idiot:

Attachments

• Split core support.jpg
    Split core support.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 56

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that if it fits OK. If it works it's worth it. You've put so much nice work into it now just don't cobble it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck, I didn't even know they came apart! I guess it does, or was it judicious use of a gas wrench or grinder? ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
tonkadoctor said:
I don't see anything wrong with that if it fits OK. If it works it's worth it. You've put so much nice work into it now just don't cobble it.

That's my thought too.
Thanks! ;Sweet

Agnem said:
Heck, I didn't even know they came apart! I guess it does, or was it judicious use of a gas wrench or grinder?

Well they are one piece until a cutoff wheel, drill and air chisel go after em. :Sly

Took about 45 minutes to get it apart after figgerin' out where to hit it. All that fresh paint covered up all the spot welds. :mad:
Was just a PITA getting the 2 pieces separated without fudging up the lower half. :smash:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they are one piece until a cutoff wheel, drill and air chisel go after em. :Sly

Thanks for the chuckle. :rotflmao

I was just looking through your "operation gold digger" album and am impressed with the progress, last time I saw pics you had just finished welding patches and now the paint's cut in....Sweet. I like that blue, looks good.
I'd say you have the talent to marry them and worst case the eye to toss it if you don't like the results and get the right one.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
My fingers are crossed for ya Doggie...

I refuse to look at the photo's that contain the paint because I want to be surprised when you DRIVE IT INTO THE CAMPGROUND!!! So do me two favors... One don't post completed pictures until after the event and DRIVE IT DOWN FOR THE EVENT!!! Or if you just have to post completed pictures do it through a link or warn me in the thread title...

oh and 23 days to go.... ;Poke

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
argve said:

I refuse to look at the photo's that contain the paint because I want to be surprised when you DRIVE IT INTO THE CAMPGROUND!!! So do me two favors... One don't post completed pictures until after the event and DRIVE IT DOWN FOR THE EVENT!!! Or if you just have to post completed pictures do it through a link or warn me in the thread title...

Thanks there goat boy.

From here on out the operation updates are gonna go stealth mode for 2 reasons:
1. Keep Travis wondering if'n I'm gonna get it done in time.
2. Keep Travis wondering if'n I'm gonna get it done in time.

:D

For the rest of the guys/gals.........Sorry to keep ya hanging from this point but it may be a good thing that it gives me some time to figure out how to post pics with a smaller/lower resolution with the new digital camera that momma got me last week. :Sly

Oh and..........
STOP COUNTING THE DAYS WILL YA!!!!

:rotflmao

There's only 2 people who know how far along I am and I'll give ya a hint.....Karen is one of em. :Sly

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
argve said:

Not to steal the thread, but my final day of MBA class is August 5. I know I can't make the whole event, but I wondered if you knew if they were booked solid on Sunday night? If I can get everything done by Saturday or even early Sunday, I was thinking about pack it up there for at least Sunday night. I can throw a tent on a site and sleep off my 4 years of MBA work! :)

AND, I want to see this truck. I have faith in the fact that it will be there, even though there are so few, uhm or I mean many days left before then!!! :)
Hope to see you all then. This class is kicking my rear at this point (3rd of 6 weeks) so I could use a good rest break and good company when it is finished (I hope finished!).

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
sle2115 said:
Not to steal the thread, but my final day of MBA class is August 5. I know I can't make the whole event, but I wondered if you knew if they were booked solid on Sunday night? If I can get everything done by Saturday or even early Sunday, I was thinking about pack it up there for at least Sunday night. I can throw a tent on a site and sleep off my 4 years of MBA work! :)

AND, I want to see this truck. I have faith in the fact that it will be there, even though there are so few, uhm or I mean many days left before then!!! :)
Hope to see you all then. This class is kicking my rear at this point (3rd of 6 weeks) so I could use a good rest break and good company when it is finished (I hope finished!).

Best call tomorrow... I have to call her back in the morning/afternoon tomorrow to release the other sites... She called yesterday so...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Another setback

Well not only did things get weirder that usual today that yesterday.
Another setback......An opportunity came along........

After a generous offer, this wandered into the yard today and momma liked it. :eek:

Done deal! ;Sweet

Too bad it's only 2 wheel drive.

Attachments

• P5150063.JPG
    P5150063.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 48

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Warning this post contains a partially painted part

Not only did it wander into the yard this morning but left shortly thereafter feeling threatened by the Blue Ovals outnumbering it. :rotflmao

Well a whole day given to this setback paid out good today. ;Sweet

Thanks to Darrin doin' some footwork for me, I now have a CORRECT core support after battling the sun and heat today. :thumbsup:
Twas worth it I might add, given the backwards step taken.

Make mental note to compare parts a wee bit closer other than taking one's word for it. :idiot:

So with this final note.......
I'm running silent and deep. :D

Now click your heels 3 times and say...........Keep Travis guessing,Keep Travis guessing,Keep Travis guessing

LOL

Attachments

• P5150067.JPG
    P5150067.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 22
  • P5150068.JPG
    P5150068.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 22
  • P5150069.JPG
    P5150069.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 24

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Every time I see more pictures of what you've painted, I like that blue more and more. What's it called or it's application?

Tom

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I see more pictures of what you've painted, I like that blue more and more. What's it called or it's application?

:confused: Looks kinda like that Dodge Viper Blue with a hint of purple pearl in it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
TLBREWER said:

Tom

Sonic Blue Pearl.

It's an '05 Stuperduty color. ;Sweet
I'm starting on gallon # 4 today.

Oh and don't worry guys that goat truck is long gone. Paint fumes wore off, but think it's too much sun. cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online