Project Red Rover - 1988 F350 - 7.3 NA

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
If that was your new cab I was going to say, darn your fast!

Upside is you get to try out white. I would also try the two tone red stripe on the sides to see if you like it. Maybe for fun one down the middle of the hood to match!

CTC Hawaii

Reaction score
A bit of surgery. A bit of test fitting. Sheetmetal Sunday.

You must be registered for see images attach

CTC Hawaii

Reaction score
Finally got the truck from Oahu to home on Big Island. Gave it a good pressure washing all around and underneath as vehicles always come off the open barge with a nice coat of sea salt. It's a shame the body rotted so much because the frame and under carriage is remarkably clean and solid. Really got a chance to check it out after blasting off a bunch of the old dirt and grease.

Checked Axle tags. Looks Like a Dana 60HD Kingpin front with 4.10 gears and a Sterling (Van D yke Plant) 10.25 Limited Slip Rear.

I picked up at the port at sea level. I live at elevation 2300 ft. Sea Level to where I live at 2300 is 10 miles steady uphill. It loved 4th gear the whole way. 30mph behind traffic to 60mph, just left it in 4th and it pulled amazingly well. Pretty impressive to me anyway.

Stuck working on Oahu for 2 months straight, so a bit sad I won't be able to work on it for awhile.

CTC Hawaii

Reaction score
Worked on separating the panels at the clutch cylinder/brake booster to patch the sheet metal and reinforce. Pretty nasty!

CTC Hawaii

Reaction score
Cut out a rotted section of firewall and tacked in some new patch panels I built today.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Nice job! You can definately fabricate. Did you use a grinder, plasma cutter, or what to cut your holes out?

Make sure that area is stout, lots of folks with sticks have to reinforce that area over time from the pressure of the clutch pedal flexing the firewall area over and over.

CTC Hawaii

Reaction score
Nice job! You can definately fabricate. Did you use a grinder, plasma cutter, or what to cut your holes out?

Make sure that area is stout, lots of folks with sticks have to reinforce that area over time from the pressure of the clutch pedal flexing the firewall area over and over.
Thank you much! I used a grinder with cutting disc to rough cut the large panel holes, then a grinder cone rock to fine tune them. Used a step drill for the little holes.

I'm with ya on the firewall reinforcement. I bought this kit: https://shop.broncograveyard.com/83...wall-Clutch-Repair-Bracket/productinfo/34010/

Seems like a nice kit and it was on sale for $71. Cheaper to buy the kit than to fab my own reinforcing kit, time wise anyway.

Got a bit of welding done today and tacked in another patch panel section. Got a bit of weld smoothing to do, but coming along, slowly.

Mattc2066

Reaction score
I was trying to decide what color to paint mine, I think you just made up my mind, white it is. love the way it looks with the black flatbed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online