Project Le Blanc

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Wiring is done for the gauge, I installed it in place of the dead pyro so didn’t have to add any holes in the dash. All the sensors seem to be working properly, ran the engine for few minutes till it ran out of diesel, going to top off the front tank and top of the atf and take it for some tuning in the morning.
I didn't know they made a combo gauge like this, looks like that's the direction I'm going with, I'd like to keep interior as oem as possible and a 3 pillar pod wasn't going to work out for me.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't know they made a combo gauge like this, looks like that's the direction I'm going with, I'd like to keep interior as oem as possible and a 3 pillar pod wasn't going to work out for me.

Either did I, I mentioned to Wes what I was looking for and in no time at all had me the link to exactly what I was looking for. Big help

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either did I, I mentioned to Wes what I was looking for and in no time at all had me the link to exactly what I was looking for. Big help
Can you provide a model # or link? If at all possible

D_Fresh361

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, just ordered one. Now to figure out where I'm running my wires, and look up where the best spot is for the egt probe.

I’ve read the exhaust manifold, can’t remember which side. Wes should be able to help more on this.

Therkhan7_3Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers side, between the last two cylinders.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Assume those are considered the hottest cylinders ? Works for me seems the shortest route to for the sensor. Thanks!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trucks all done, drives pretty good and even saw some boost registering on the gauge which so far has been working perfect. While I had it out the throttle started acting like it was sticking and the shutoff valve would take a few seconds to shut the truck off, took the top cover and the old 6.9 pump suffered the Achilles heel of the 86 and below db2s, the craptastic plastic flyweight retainer Stanadyne used on these pumps is separating and holding the metering valve open. I’m going to tune up an idit pump and swap it on with the new injectors. Bummed about the stock pump, but the idit pump is a good upgrade from this 290 plunger setup.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I install it them in the crossover pipe right next to the inlet flange because I can weld in a bung and never have to worry about leaks. I’ve compared temps on other trucks and didn’t see a change from there vs facing into the exhaust port.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from picking up the next engine project in Houston

Got one of my core pumps cleaned up and woke it up with some adjustments. This is a idit pump so it’s got a torque screw, some I’m setting it up for full fueling on the bench then gonna cut it back with limiting the metering valve travel with the torque screw.

Currently pulling the pump and injectors off the truck and swapping the fresh parts on, old pump was making 6 psi of boost, hope to see double that with this pump.