Project Jerry

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last weekend picked up this 88 f250 lariat for my pops, 2wd C6 7.3 idi. Interior is great and the exterior cleaned up well, paid $800.
You must be registered for see images attach

Today got the bed pulled off, the rear suspension and drivetrain ripped out. Rolled in our sterling 10.5 from our burnt down 2003 f250 6.0leaker. Bolted it right in and made a parts list. New sending units will be going in, fuel filler upgrade, new shocks, rear bronco tank and some misc suspension bushings.

That’s it for now folks

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! It took seven years for my dad and I to build this shop, as you can see it’s just a gravel floor and plywood but hopefully we can have concrete someday! Spent plenty of years pulling trans in the gravel and mud, and did time working on equipment in the field. I love my greasy plywood!

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronco tank ? always wondered if those was bigger or same gallon size as idi fuel tanks which are all odd, both of my tanks only hold 11 1/2 gallons each nice white truck, a shop would be nice one day keep us posted pls n thanks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bronco tank ? always wondered if those was bigger or same gallon size as idi fuel tanks which are all odd, both of my tanks only hold 11 1/2 gallons each nice white truck, a shop would be nice one day keep us posted pls n thanks
If yours Only holds 11 gallons your gauge is probably wrong or the shower head is broken off. The bronco tank holds 38 gallons

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If yours Only holds 11 gallons your gauge is probably wrong or the shower head is broken off. The bronco tank holds 38 gallons

38 gallons nice. The brown monster aka my truck is all of figured the shower head would be broke has, 156k miles I'm the 3rd owner strange doesn't shut off or bog down at 1/4 tank though

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the plywood floors; I may copy that!
When they get too greasy just flip them over;Sweet

If you don’t have a carpenter friend try driving around some new development and see if you see any plywood tossed to the side then bring the carpenters a six pack and bring home your new shop floor. You’re gonna have to clean each board of nails but it beats buying them new

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threw the bed back on to see how it looks, sets really well surprising how much lift you get going from an 88 f250 axles to an 03 f250 axle.

Pulling engine and trans this am then Dana 60 will going into the front.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the funny thing is, in my area you couldn't even buy a completely junk one for that price.
Same here, $800.00 for that truck is a steal! Notice the frame on that thing, our 10 year old trucks have rotten frames, that one is 30 years old and looks great!

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Threw the bed back on to see how it looks, sets really well surprising how much lift you get going from an 88 f250 axles to an 03 f250 axle.

Pulling engine and trans this am then Dana 60 will going into the front.
Lol. I just did a similar rear end swap out of an 01. Had to change rear brake lines out and jack with the parking cables. Oh and I love being a carpenter. Still bring the 6er but its for me! Lol. That truck is looking sharp man. Did u get the 3.73s? That's what was in mine

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep 3.73s. We love our Texas trucks, gonna look great after the frame and engine bay gets pressure washed.

But after about three hours we got the goods!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Bronco tanks are 32 gallon. IIRC, they require some modification in the frame side to fit correctly. Could always just get the F-Series 38 gallon.

And I wish I could find a IDIT, 5 speed, 4x4 truck even for parts for that price. Better if it had a crew cab!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online