PowerStop brand brake reviews?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This brand has been popping up lately with my customers that like to bring their own parts. So far no one complains and I haven't seen any premature wear.

I'm going to use my minivan as a guinea pig for my own experience. My Routan is at 102k miles and still original brakes and finally time to replace.

Has anyone used them?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When autozone was our vendor in 2011/2013 they had their own brand but also carried other aftermarket (like centric and standard etc)
The ones here at least seem to have gobe exclusively autozone house brand.
I never had issues with their brand brakes and their prices let me offer to a lot of low income families and people living om retirement.

But now living in middle of nowhere (in New Jersey terms haha) I'm almost entirely mail order parts

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed the Powerstop high performance brake rotors and pads kit (all 4 wheels) on my Wife's 2008 Ford Edge. So far so good and they work great! The rotors are zinc coated too so that should delay the rust a little longer.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Know this is late. I put them on my 2004 EB Expedition when I got it in January. Have been great for last 5k miles. I use the HP pads. Got mine from rockauto.com

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I got powerstop stuff last month for the Jeep; also rockauto. Not seeing anything offensive compared to the usual cheapo brake stuff I buy.

I was happy to get their anti-corrosion coated calipers (new) for nothing more than remans (because I can't afford to return cores LOL)

Jay Gallagher

Reaction score
I recently put them on just the front my wife's 2011 Yukon XL. They were the Z36 Truck and Tow Performance kit. I can feel a considerable difference, in a good way! I would guess approximately 15% "stronger?" . Brake feel, without instruments, is a subjective thing. But, coming down a highway off ramp at 70mph, I don't need as much foot pressure and you can "feel" the brakes gripping (kinda like really good trailer brakes). The brakes and rotors I replaced were not worn completely out. However, I didn't want to be replacing brakes in the winter or rainy (hopefully) Spring. Now I'm good for a couple of years with the fronts. I'm a "do it before it becomes absolutely necessary" kinda guy, so I try to eliminate as many possible "emergencies" as possible. Like "Honey, the brakes in my truck are really squealing/grinding". Makes life less stressful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online