Powered tail light converter

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But why?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Maybe b/c he’s a cheap ******* like me or maybe he a DIY lol. Could be a combo of both.

I bought one them 4 plugs and spliced itninto my wiring in the rear log ago on my Tacoma. Worked great and it was only $10 vs $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used something like that on one or our Chrysler minivans. I was warned that patching directly into the tail/stop lights could potentially pull to much juice thru the computer and mess it up. I don't know from personal experience, but I have some issues with Chrysler computers and went the safe way just to be safe. I am so fed up with everything having to go thru the computers on modern vehicles.

DieselDc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used something like that on one or our Chrysler minivans. I was warned that patching directly into the tail/stop lights could potentially pull to much juice thru the computer and mess it up. I don't know from personal experience, but I have some issues with Chrysler computers and went the safe way just to be safe. I am so fed up with everything having to go thru the computers on modern vehicles.

O yeah ?? Don’t we all! I like mechanical motors when it comes to diesels. The newer stuff is built like a computer - too complex for me and not to mention - too much $$$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically what I read of that one is its for vehicles with puny wiring/not made for towing

Because that's exactly what it's for lol! This would be for the 08 Escape that was given to me. I've had multiple times I wished my wife's car had a hitch for small stuff or to drag an empty car dolly from a buddy's house.

But yes, I'm also a cheap ******* like @DieselDc lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01