Possible battery cable diagram

IDIDually

Reaction score
Few days ago I pulled out all the battery cables and wires that go to and from the battery’s and passenger fender solenoid and to and from the starter.. Replaced the starter and fender solenoid And all the battery cables / terminals. Took a lot of pictures being this is the first time I’ve done this before. Started to rain so i packed everything up and went inside.
Well I left my phone outside In the rain and all the of the photos are gone. Leave me questioning myself if I wired it back right. Just feels like I’m hooking back up Wrong. All I have left to do is put the batteries back in and make sure everything is tight.
My question is, is there a diagram or something to tell me how The wires go back, not necessarily the battery cables but the solenoid on the starter and and fender solenoid. Which wires go on which side of the solenoid, what wires go to the solenoid what wires go down to the starter I keep changing things around thinking I have it right then I think I got it wrong.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The solenoid on the passenger fender is the starter relay. It has one small stud that the wire from the ignition switch hooks two. The other two large studs are connected when the small stud gets 12v with the key in the start position. One of those large studs has a #8 or #10 wire that runs to the small terminal on the starter solenoid at the starter. The other large stud has the cable that is fed from the positive battery terminal. All the other 12v loads in the truck and the alternator hook to this terminal as well. This includes the fusible links to the alternator, glow plugs, fuse pane, and anything else I’m forgetting. Ford basically used that terminal on the starter relay as a 12v+ Junction point. It doesn’t matter which large stud is used for which, but the wire to the starter solenoid is by itself, and all the others are together.