Piston oil squirters- where get ‘em??

Fision

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“FROM THE UNDERBELLY OF YOUR BLOCK!!”
Yea, no kiddin.

Can’t find mine!!:dunno:cry:
I remember the guy at the machine shop showing them to me when I went to pick up my components, but now they’re nowhere to be found!?

MAYBE they’ll turn up, but I can’t wait forever...

Anyone know a source for these?

Thanks!

Fision

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what they look like, btw. They spray the bottom of each piston for cooling and pin lubrication.
One of the knowledgeable regulars (IDIBRONCO?? Maybe? I don’t recall who...) mentioned the necessity of making sure these are thoroughly cleaned (as he learned the hard way). So I made sure the machine shop did. He failed to mention “Keep track of the darn things!”

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes it will eventually.cause engine damage if one (or more) is plugged. I've seen them with strings of RTV hanging out of them before. That's just one more reason to go VERY lightly on the RTV. I'll squirt some carb cleaner or brake cleaner through them before i install them just to make sure that there's no crud that got inside them somehow. Another thing that I do is to put red Locktite on the bolts before installing those. I feel that these are important enough to make sure that they won't fall out. Maybe you can get ahold of Wes. I'll bet that he has some extras he'd sell.

Fision

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it will eventually.cause engine damage if one (or more) is plugged. I've seen them with strings of RTV hanging out of them before. That's just one more reason to go VERY lightly on the RTV. I'll squirt some carb cleaner or brake cleaner through them before i install them just to make sure that there's no crud that got inside them somehow. Another thing that I do is to put red Locktite on the bolts before installing those. I feel that these are important enough to make sure that they won't fall out. Maybe you can get ahold of Wes. I'll bet that he has some extras he'd sell.

Good idea, I’ll check with Wes.
And thanks for the other tips!