Picked up an IDI CC LB

Griz

Reaction score
Picked up a 93 IDI CC LB PICS ADDED!!!

HTML:
I've owned two SD 7.3's and they both were nice rigs, but I needed to free up some cash so I sold my 01 CC LB for a very good price. Friend of mine had a 93 IDI CC LB 5sp non turbo 7.3 that he just picked up but was worried about the rough running and excessive smoke. What caught my eye was how straight and clean the truck was. The more I looked, the more I wanted it. I took it home for a song and proceeded to replace all fluids and filters. It had been 2 days and I was considering injectors because it smoked a lot of diesel at stoplights. The local IDI guru told me to run an additive/cleaner like Diesel Kleen in the tank and in the fuel filter. I did just that and drove about 10 miles and parked for the night. Next morning the smoke was gone. No rough running either. Yay! It's been 3 weeks and it's like a new truck. Did I mention it has 280k? I'm really liking the OBS. The interior is as clean and neat as the outside. Future projects include a mild lift and slightly bigger tires.

Edited to add for pics

Attachments

• Ford IDI2.jpg
    Ford IDI2.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Ford IDI.jpg
    Ford IDI.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to OBN Griz.sorry we missed your thread.better late than never though right?:D
cool truck! i hope she's still treating ya good.