Picked up a new truck

CheckYourBuffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well most of you saw my 2 threads about the IDI's. Well i decided to go gas just to get me through highschool. I might pick up the 7.3 for 1250$ in a week or so just have have around. But i bought a 1999 f250 xlt superduty 5.4 triton. Not the best motor but its in damn good shape. 170k on it but clean. Has a slight miss but we think its because of the spark plug's so were going to go get them replaced. Truck runs smooth, interior is a 10/10 and the exterior is a 9/10 as it just needs a touch up of paint on the roof and 2 little spots on the hood that look like bird poop haha!

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my condolences.
heres my sons highschool ride.
he wasn't ready for a diesel either,
but he has some class with this stepside

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Isn't gas what you get from eating too much Mexican food? Or maybe someone's talking about nitrous?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well important thing is youre able to get to school consistently for now. Having a dependable daily driver while you play with an idi project might be the way to go

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gasser I had until recently (1998 Silverado Z71) went up in flames... So she went to a new home lol. So it's all IDI for me now!!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smile, it's paid off. It may be a gasser but it will only make you love your diesel more when you can get one some day:Thumbs Up

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, but be careful with those spark plugs. I dont remember when Ford fixed it, but the modular motors(4.6/5.4) use to BLOW the plugs right out of the heads...They only would have 2-3 threads in the heads for the holes. The kit to fix the plug holes is around 300 I 'think'. Shops around here charge around 700-1200 to do all 8.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck, but be careful with those spark plugs. I dont remember when Ford fixed it, but the modular motors(4.6/5.4) use to BLOW the plugs right out of the heads...They only would have 2-3 threads in the heads for the holes. The kit to fix the plug holes is around 300 I 'think'. Shops around here charge around 700-1200 to do all 8.

You can buy a single kit for like 25 at the parts store. I think they fixed it when they went to the 3valve 5.4 triton.