P0672, P2290, and battery light?

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
My reader told me I have those codes. 04' F250 6.0 truck is deleted and tuned.
P0672 FORD Possible Causes
What does this mean?
  • Faulty cylinder #2 glow plug
  • Cylinder #2 glow plug harness is open or shorted
  • Cylinder #2 glow plug circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty glow plug module

P02290 FORD Possible Causes
What does this mean?
  • Faulty Injector Control Pressure (ICP) sensor
  • Injector Control Pressure (ICP) sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Injector Control Pressure (ICP) sensor circuit poor electrical connection

Battery I think is just corrosion. But can anyone tell me what the usual problems are with those 2 codes and the simple fix for them, if there is one? Thank you.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gp harness they are known for issues of removed and are a cheap easy replacement and check you icp sensor also check your alt a low voltage can wreck a FICM in no time and they can be a little pricey

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
Is the ICP sensor a normal failing part? I seen where someone said the old ones were terrible but the new style is much better.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I had an ICP fail on my 03. The 03 and early 04 replacing the ICP sensor sucks, as its on the HPOP housing. The late 04 and up, it’s out on the oil rail like the 7.3’s were. That is the only sensor.

As mentioned, proper voltage is critical on a 6.0.. I killed my FICM due to a failing alternator......

IF you need an ICP, Ford or IH only.... the 6.0 doesn’t like aftermarket sensors. I have an injector just starting to fail, and I plan on getting one from the Ford dealer around the corner.....

jaed_43725

Need Quad Cab 4x4
Reaction score
So it seems to be my batteries right now. Had them tested and it said good, but needs charged. So its one or both of them. And they are old as it is. So gonna start there. Is it possible to do a 1 battery conversion on these trucks?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all - what 04 engine do you have? If it has the 03 engine in it, the ICP sensor will be behind the turbo ..... in an area that is exposed to a lot of heat. That is a big reason for the failure of the early sensors. That said, even in that location, the sensors for the 04.5 and up will work just fine in the 03 engines, and actually will hold up better to the heat than the early ones.

Ohm check glow plug #2 from the GPCM - that checks the wiring and the plug. As stated above, the wiring can get old and is easy to break on the 04.5 and up model years. Often times the module itself is bad. If the plug and the wiring ohm check "ok", then I would bet on a bad GPCM.

Why in the world would you want to do a "one battery conversion"?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.