Over heating problems

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the tstat did you keep the bleeder ball in place? You may have air trapped in the cooling system or that radiator may just be too small. I had to run my truck for a few days before all the air made it out of the cooling system after I rebuilt it, after that it stayed cool. Do you have a coolant filter? X2 on checking the fan clutch as well.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you replaced the tstat did you keep the bleeder ball in place? You may have air trapped in the cooling system or that radiator may just be too small. I had to run my truck for a few days before all the air made it out of the cooling system after I rebuilt it, after that it stayed cool. Do you have a coolant filter? X2 on checking the fan clutch as well.

Yep maybe I'll have to run it some more and see and no I do not have a coolant filter. Would a coolant filter be a good idea on one of theses?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
220 on the aftermarket gauge

Your not overheating.Like Bill already pointed out,the fan clutch doesn't even lock up at 220F yet.:D
Your way too skerd.Put the hammer down.These engines were built for medium duty trucks.Ford just put them in pickups.
If your aftermarket gauge isn't reading 240F........run 'er.
Pay no attention to that stock thing.Disconnect that if you find it distracting.

I have electric cooling fans on my chip truck and I don't have that even starting spinning the fans until the temps your seeing.220F.........shoot,that's just warmed up and ready for work.;)
Put the petal to the floor,you'll hear that oem fan roar.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online