otc drugs suck

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jwalterus, Jan 10, 2018.

1. jwalterus

jwalterus Made in America

Getting sick sucks.
    I felt like crap the past few days.
    Ended up calling in to work today.
    Joints stiff, can't focus, continually coughing, nose running, chills..........
    Sudafed, Robitussin, ibuprofen, vicks, and cough drops..... and it's not working.......

2. pafixitman

pafixitman Registered User

I swear by Tylenol sinus...

3. gandalf

gandalf Senior Member

Sounds like the flu. I don't know what to suggest other than time and patience. Sure hope you start feeling better soon.

Here's an old story I like to follow. Mark Twain got sick once, and asked a friend what to do to feel better. The friend told him to drink a quart of his favorite whiskey every day and he'd feel better in no time at all. Twain questioned the validity of this method, so he asked another friend, and got the same answer, drink a quart of his favorite whiskey every day. Twain soon became a believer, but kept asking friends the same question, hoping to get up to a gallon of whiskey every day.

Guaranteed, the flu won't bother you.

4. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

Starve a cold and feed a fever...or is it feed a cold and starve a fever...F-it...see above^^

pafixitman likes this.
  5. 79jasper

79jasper Chickenhawk

Do like in the army. Go for a run and drink water. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

6. DaveBen

DaveBen Supporting Member Supporting Member

I had the flu a few weeks ago, no fun. Drink a lot of water and I took throat lozenges for the cough. Get well.

7. Runningaford

Runningaford Full Access Member

I spent some time in South America, the remedy for the cold, or flu was herbal concoction in Rum. I've got to admit, I thought hogwash, but I really think it works. Long live alcohol?! Hey it'll kill worms.

8. towcat

towcat Administrator Staff Member

powdered mix in water Theraflu used to work until they took out the ingredients the tweekers loved. I liked it for the fact it didn't taste like medicine, it knocked down my fever and it knocked my ass out for 4-6 hours. :D

jwalterus likes this.
  9. needlenose

needlenose Full Access Member

Lol, Twain was a raging alcoholic!

"Of the demonstrably wise there are but two: those who commit suicide, & those who keep their reasoning faculties atrophied with drink."
    - Mark Twain, Notebook, 1898

Runningaford likes this.
  10. Runningaford

Runningaford Full Access Member

Damn good words, keeps fists from walls, and at least in my case tempers at bay. God I like Twain; he has some good quotes.

11. jwalterus

jwalterus Made in America

I slept about 16 hours each day the past 2 and couldn't bring myself to eat much, never praying to the porcelain god, just not hungry......
    Now I'm mostly just coughing like a mofo still (smoking not helping, but oh well), nose drys up for a little bit then runs again.......
    I'm stiff and slow moving, and talk about upper back and rib pain every time I cough.........
    There's something to be said about being married, my wife has been taking care of me the last couple of days. ;Sweet

I want to go to work, but I'm not moving well enough to do my job........ I'm taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen just to be functional..... I don't want to be a hazard to myself or other people....
    Dammit.......