OM606 swap questions

Daniel McCurdy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like the NA 606 has a mechanical injection pump. So if I had a car that came with a na 606 would a turbo 606 be a direct swap. I would convert the electronic 606 to a mechanical pump. Or would it be easier to get a car that already has a turbo 606 and convert it to mechanical. The turbo 606 is drive by wire so a pedal assembly would have to be used. Basically my question is what is the simplest way to have a mechanical turbo 606.

idiTravelAll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but to my knowledge the OM606 were all electronic, you more than likely have an OM603 IP on there.

Rwd4evr

Reaction score
I would check with diesel pump UK to see if they have throttle linkage conversions. Otherwise converting a 603 powered car is probably your easiest option. A 606 car is gonna have a computer controlled 722.6 that may not be happy about not having the edc pump info to use. I'm only speculating that though, no idea if it's true. Most conversions are done on w124 with the hydraulic trans. I'm doing one with a manual so it's not something I've been concerned with. OF gear sell a standalone trans computer you could use. A guy I know has them in multiple cars, he says it works great but takes a lot of road tuning to get it setup to react properly in all situations.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Catimann

Reaction score
Basically my question is what is the simplest way to have a mechanical turbo 606.
So it looks like the NA 606 has a mechanical injection pump. So if I had a car that came with a na 606 would a turbo 606 be a direct swap. I would convert the electronic 606 to a mechanical pump. Or would it be easier to get a car that already has a turbo 606 and convert it to mechanical. The turbo 606 is drive by wire so a pedal assembly would have to be used. Basically my question is what is the simplest way to have a mechanical turbo 606.
If you watch some of the diesel pump UK videos you will probably get the answer. I believe it is as easy as replacing the pump with a mech one. That has a simple linkage if I am correct.