OH MY GOD! This SMELL!!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the right forum for this question. My new flip truck was a dog transporter. The smell of dog is literally unbearable.

Any advice?

There's no way I can sell it smelling like this haha.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pressure wash the inside. except the headliner! "air sponge" air fresheners under the seats after you dry it out. it looks like a small plastic sourcream/cottage cheese container. not a strong perfume smell but it really sucks out the smells.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can't remember the specifics, but we've had a few threads on this.
I think Gary said something about baking normal baking soda, then you let it sit in the vehicle.
I want to try one of these. https://diamondairpurifiers.com/collections/diamond-air-the-deluxe-model

I would pull out the carpet and pressure wash it.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a carpet cleaning solvent In a can, I can't remember the brand but it made my bronco not smell like mold/cigarettes/weed/antifreeZe(heatercore) after I cleaned 90% of the inside with it besides the headliner, scrubbed it out with brush and towel to soak up some and aired out to dry. took a few hours but carpets look new and doesn't smell anymore! Also cleaned and armor all"d all the plastic inside. All this was when I first bought it years back. It's in a can and it's carpet and apolstry cleaner it's supposed to be sprayed on wiped/brushed out and the rest evaporates and left with clean fresh carpet most parts stores have a cheaper house brand which is what I bought

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck wasn't pet smell, it was smoke a few weeks after I had bought it. I soaked it in the original Febreeze. Spray it on heavy, then sit over night. Did this a few times with a good cleaning of the carpet and it stopped smelling after awhile.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the front seats out already so I'll be able to pressure wash the crap out of it haha.

I think I'm going to use every one of the above suggestions haha.

Cigarette/weed/coolant hahahah

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got it for a steel just had to pay off the tires and rims from schuabs to keep the bronco from a family friend! So paid 1200 for it in the end:cheers:

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Pull the carpet out and hang it on a fence then hit it with mean green and dawn. Scrub it down then rinse. You will be amazed at what comes off.... Just because the smell is "gone" doesn't mean the nasty crap that caused it is. Its still there.
Anytime I get something used, If I can, I spray it down with disinfectant spray, then mean green, then soak it down to wash. Including electronics. Some of the crap is nasty. As long as you let them dry, 99% of electronics survive water. Even computers. Just have to make sure all power is removed and is until subject is totally dry.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't say what truck, but it might have a cabin filter in it, might be behind the glove box.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry it is a 94 Explorer. It has been sitting since end of April. I'm scared to open it haha

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Take a chunk of hose from the exhaust and run it into the vehicle through a window, and exhaust it like you're doing a suicide scene for a Lifetime movie LOL

At least then it'll reek like exhaust

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86