Official Bell Radiator Group Buy

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I got a chance to drop one of our radiators off at bell intercoolers and they are working on coming up with a price for a group buy. Like I mentioned in the other thread I have very good experience with these guys and never had to use their warranty.

Here is their website so y’all can check out some of their work
https://www.google.com/ads/slp?data...EdlX8g30zp6WEODpkCA&ei=0Nd4WtCCMa6E5wK-_KagBg

We are working on two models, one that is a budget rebuild that will take the stock design and improve on it but still utilize the stock fan shroud and mechanical fan.

The second will be a performance option, that will use an aluminum fan shroud with integrated electric fans.

I will update the thread as I know more and start to get prices. ;Sweet

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interested, but i tried the e-fan thing and had no luck.

now if you want to make and sell an electric clutch for the stock fan i would be really interested.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m needing a radiator, someone did a “custom” install of a radiator on my 88 7.3 that looks oddly familiar to the one in my 96 f150 5.0. Price depending, i’d jump in on a group buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interested, but i tried the e-fan thing and had no luck.

now if you want to make and sell an electric clutch for the stock fan i would be really interested.
I’ll be the first to say that I was doubtful when he mentioned that and made it clear I hadn’t had luck with e fans especially in our south Texas climate. I showed him the stock fan and fan shroud design and he pointed out that the shroud doesn’t come all the way against the rad and doesn’t cover the full length of the fan, and said confidently that he can improve on that design. I’ll be happy to test it out with a trailer and a long hill in 100* heat to see if it works
:popcorn

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that they are out there, but yeah, if someone had a nice drop-in kit, that would be really awesome. 20HP fan when needed, total-freewheel when not.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that they are out there, but yeah, if someone had a nice drop-in kit, that would be really awesome. 20HP fan when needed, total-freewheel when not.

I used the biggest best electric fans I could get on my truck a few years ago and they flat out couldn't keep it cool.
Don't know your climate but in our desert heat here, nothing electric will work on an idi setup. I know some have had good luck but it really depends on the climate they live in.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the biggest best electric fans I could get on my truck a few years ago and they flat out couldn't keep it cool.
Don't know your climate but in our desert heat here, nothing electric will work on an idi setup. I know some have had good luck but it really depends on the climate they live in.
What did you use?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use?

It was a dual fan kit for a Duramax. Summit and others used to sell it for around 600 bucks. I didn't buy it, a friend gave it to me.
It fit my radiator perfectly and I only had to make a bracket on each end to mount it in place of my fan shroud.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for not updating this sooner, I spoke with John last week and the cost pretty much killed this project for me. The design he came up with looked great but to get the ball rolling and pay for the labor and jig to be made for the first rad I would have to fork out 2-3k upfront for the first rad. Don’t have the money for that as much as I would like to see another radiator option for the idi community. Sorry guys:sorry:

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he say how much they would be after the jig and first one was built? I’m sure we could all come together to get this going, I would be willing to pitch in even though I’m not rich lol

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not cheap, when I was talking to him we were shooting for 5-700 range, after I brought him an old radiator to make measurements he said after the first one is made, a group buy of 5-10 rads would be $1100 each :eek:

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of us couldn’t afford that. Is that the budget or performance one for 1100?