Odd electric issues 93 f250 n/a

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1993 ford.f250 7.3 n/a After fuel filter change of light came on battery charge would go to O in normal I would have a wait to start light truck would stumble figured old fuel in rear tank now trying to start the truck to move it from my back yard it shows on the battery gauge N but goes to the red bar like my batteries are dead which they are not they are brand new 950cc batteries figured maybe my alternator never changed it on 6 yrs I've own the truck no issues was checked perfect no issue, starter is brand new as well.

Only other thing that I have not changed out is glow plus or glow plug controller the gp's are 1 yr old and only 2500 miles on them temps here have been in the 50 and 70s f temp. Have videos below and sorry for quality new phone.

Also any one to tell me why my engine is stamped 92 and here is a picture of.the numbers on drivers side.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally unable to decipher your first question.
On the '92 vs. '93, I'm going to guess that the casting for the intake manifold was made in '92 to go into a '93 model year truck which was probably made in early '93. Could also be that they kept using a '92 pattern until it wore out, which might have been well into '93. Wouldn't be surprised to find International made big runs of castings and then coasted on the stockpile for several years, so there might even be '94s with that number cast in.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
From your "interesting" description, I'd say that your batteries are low for some reason. I'd start by charging the batteries. While you're doing that, you could remove the alternator and have it checked to see if it's charging. The factory volt meter is a vague reading at best. You'd be doing yourself a favor to install an aftermarket volt meter so that you can keep a closer eye on the battery voltage.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are your battery terminals and cables clean and intact? I used to have an occasional slow/no start due to corrosion on my cable ends and a quick cleaning would get her goin' again. Also tuned out I had a very poor connection on one of my grounds. Good luck and hope it's simple fixin'.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both batteries fully charged starter and alternator tested good went to try and start it today and just had a wait to start on dash lit up starter rolled but nothing no turn over tried it before work at 4 PM and it was completely dead just had dome light on nothing else no start or voltage movement has me clueless, and since this pandemic crap only one shop is open near me just going to have them look it over since I know the shop owners son.

Thank you all for the help.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The intake manifold was cast in October of 92, near the beginning of the 93 model year (September is usually the beginning). That number surrounded by dots indicate only the casting date, nothing else. The snowflake shows that it was cast at Winters foundry, which is owned by GM and is famous for making high performance intake manifolds for Chevy V8 engines. I would guess that IH issued the contract because of their logo also on the manifold. The long part number is also probably an IH P/N, it is not constructed like a Ford number.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The intake manifold was cast in October of 92, near the beginning of the 93 model year (September is usually the beginning). That number surrounded by dots indicate only the casting date, nothing else. The snowflake shows that it was cast at Winters foundry, which is owned by GM and is famous for making high performance intake manifolds for Chevy V8 engines. I would guess that IH issued the contract because of their logo also on the manifold. The long part number is also probably an IH P/N, it is not constructed like a Ford number.

Thank you for that information

Got the truck started my headlights are wonky thinking may have a short in it as not my fuel filter light just stays on while my rpm gauge pegs 2k before changing gears and after hitting 45mph it is steady 3k rpm trans fluid and oil are both full fresh diesel in both tanks one with seafoam/power service and one with hotshot in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight