OBS Diesel Picture Thread

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Starting up a specific OBS picture thread.

Try and keep the discussions to a minimum and more on the pictures of everyone's setup. If you do decide to quote or ask a question, be sure to edit out the pictures themselves when you quote so as to not clutter up the thread.

2 or 3 pictures of your OBS 3/4 and 1 ton diesels and a small description of your setup. (Year, Transmission, Wheel/Tire, etc)

Thanks

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
why do we need this when there is a readers rides thread stickied with many pics in it?!

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Cause it'd be nice if there were a thread for each generation that were geared towards only that specific generation diesel.

No specific picture threads have been made for each body style generation that I know of, just the general one where everyone is thrown in so thought it would be a good idea to have it broken down further.

I guess if the mods want we could at least put it to a vote before deleting the threads. I'd personally like it broken down this way, a few others that I have talked to feel the same way, and the other threads have taken off pretty dang good.

Last edited:

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93 f250 ext cab 4x4, 6.9 t19 with bw t-case. it aint in the best of shap right now but at lest the motor runs. I have no clue what rear leafs its got (12 driver, 10 pass) with 2" blocks, has the front begging for a 4-5" lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do we need this when there is a readers rides thread stickied with many pics in it?!
need? since when do we need an excuse to show off more pics of trucks!:D

my dual '93 duallies; chip and logger!;Sweet

Attachments

• dec 3 2013_1.jpg
    dec 3 2013_1.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

88 f250 96 front clip and bed, 7.3 stroked to 7.7, t70 egay turbo, g31, 3g, hydroboost, carrier pump, ac delete, front hitch, custom gauges, and custom gauge pod, fsd rear springs, built c6,cc seats, west coast mirrors, power windows and doors added in, warn competition winch, 2 inch front add a leaf, 3.73 gears, true track, lots of big heavy metal parts, 2 high lift jacks now,oba,

in the works t19, divorced 205, heavy duty running boards, more lights and power taking things, aux fuel tanks, maybe a veggie conversion,

Ocelotl

Reaction score
My OBS

You must be registered for see images

jas88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not getting why the 92-97 trucks are called OBS? How is 87-91 or 80-86 not an "old body style"? I just think that is not nearly as descriptive as "bullnose" or "bricknose". Maybe y'all should be calling them "roundnose" or somesuch?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not getting why the 92-97 trucks are called OBS? How is 87-91 or 80-86 not an "old body style"? I just think that is not nearly as descriptive as "bullnose" or "bricknose". Maybe y'all should be calling them "roundnose" or somesuch?

yeah.well it all started in 1998 when two trucks were available.the then new body style (Dodge copy cat) super duty and the pre-super duty,they simply refereed to the (what we just call 1997's now) as the old body style.then this "old body style" OBS term just stuck for the entire 9th generation since.

it's all relative i suppose.i mean of course at one time the 9th gen was the "new body style." the update of the 8th gen trucks.but the OBS nickname is here to hunt us forever im afraid.as you say,you can clearly call your truck (anything thats not the Dodge copy cat aka the super duty pickups) an OBS if you want.you'll be correct.OBS doesn't describe the 9th gen truck at all imho.i suppose it stuck with the 9th gens due to the fact it's the last of this body style type before the major change they did after Dodge introduced a radical new design and they wanted (foolishly imho) to follow rather than lead.

NBS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kOeP939a4

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The day I bought it.

…and now.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is my obs getting ready to pull my buddies powerstroke

this is when i first got the truck, it no longer has the front bumper or side steps, and it is on 35 inch tires now with black wheels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online