NP 271 TC interchange

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a NP 273 motorized TC work in a manual truck?, more of these around and cheaper, assume we would just take motor off and hook up manual linkage, range fork on our 271 wore out, linkage came apart,( see my 4r100 trans problem post)
Know we have to have same spline count 31 in this case
THANKS in advance

PLanB419

Reaction score
physically it would bolt in without any issues. However I don't know about attaching the manual linkage to the auto case, I believe they are different. I've got my auto t-case sitting in the shop. I'll pull the motor off and snap a pic this afternoon.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our manual TC shift rod coming out of the case has 3/8 flats on the rod, shift arm attached with a nut, i would guess with motor unit off its the same, I know there are some internal differences and the case has tapped holes to mount motor,other then that would think TCs would interchange, mechanically not so much electrically. All the manual linkage mounts off trans the arm with the flats goes from trans mounted lever to TC to shift. We left our indicator light disconnected, wires broke off to close to switch from PO repair switch $$

PLanB419

Reaction score
If you really wanted to you could build a manual attachment for this. Little fab work

Automatic case shifter attachment point
You must be registered for see images attach

Shift motor side

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks the same size .75 dia. .375 across flats, but manual has 3/8 stud sticking out you bolt arm to, so you would have to tack the arm to keep it from falling off, That bracket you show in first/top pic,that has the slots, the pin that follows those slots is what broke on our lever causing our problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01