Nozzle availability

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering why replacing nozzle assemblies alone is not a thing for our Stanadyne injectors.

Can anyone explain why the difference with re-nozzling on zexel/diesel kiki, bosch stuff v.s. Stanadyne? What's the deal in this regard?

I see diesel care and performance are selling sets of nozzles on their ebay store page for under $100, roughly the cost of a new Stanadyne. But no part numbers or manufacturer information are provided.

Many rebuilt ones are available and they want your cores. If they can do it, why can't we? Or are they cheapo Chinese unless in-house fabbed?

Might it be related to how diesel injection service can be quite 'club-like', or just Stanadyne's proprietary M.O.?

Is it market protectionism? Shipping injector bodies all over the place needlessly good for the economy? It sure seems strange that it would be as expensive to get nozzles and replace them one's self.

Any vendors willing to share oem manufacturer part numbers? or quality alternates? Cheers.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I see diesel care and performance are selling sets of nozzles on their ebay store page for under $100, roughly the cost of a new Stanadyne.

Ugh... let me stop you right there. Do a search on diesel crap parts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you stopped right there, 79Jasper. I'm not interested in google searching crap parts because that's not my inquiry. Care to weigh in?
Ugh... let me stop you right there. Do a search on diesel crap parts.

adamsanders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wondering about this myself....where are the re-builders getting their nozzles currently? What is preventing someone from creating a quality replacement, either an OEM clone or even a simple aftermarket design?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like you stopped right there, 79Jasper. I'm not interested in google searching crap parts because that's not my inquiry. Care to weigh in?

I believe his point is that diesel care and performance sells junk, therefore "diesel crap".

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what he was getting at.

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is preventing someone from creating a quality replacement, either an OEM clone or even a simple aftermarket design?
I wonder if this is what is happening with the moose products. Some custom manufacturing or in-house adaptations. Man, it's some precision work if doing any amount of the manufacturing and metallurgy.

But since these are being made OEM by Delphi, Stanadyne, or some OEM manufacturer(s), why do you suppose they are not available directly? It may not even be possible to know.

Oh, I forgot to take note of what is stamped on the nozzles. Will have to look.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a few options for nozzles, one being what dcp and pensacola use which is a chinese duplicate of BB code injectors. You can also still get new and reman stanadyne nozzles for more cost than the chinese nozzles, with the new stanadynes being increasingly inconsistent out of the box and requiring some hand work to bring them up to par. I use new stanadyne nozzles on my stock replacement injectors, and reman extruded nozzles for my stage ones.

The market cornering comes from stanadyne and from suppliers not wanting to admit they are using Chinese nozzles. Stanadyne is very hardcore on keeping their parts, pricing, supply and specs a secret. They don’t want to work with you unless you pay a significant amount of money to buy their specific tooling and equipment to become and maintain their certification. Furthermore a certified shop can be stripped of their certification just by sharing info with another non certified shop, even if it’s just sharing an allowable spec for injector pop pressures. It’s a modern monopoly in a huge portion of the fuel market, so that’s why there’s little to no public info on a lot of the stanadyne parts.

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe his point is that diesel care and performance sells junk, therefore "diesel crap".

Ugh... let me stop you right there.

I'd not trust in the quality of the stuff coming from alibaba enough to try, whether or not that is what is DCP sells I dunno. I've no experience with DCP. Perhaps 79Jasper you've experiences to share I'm interested in what it is about them and the quality of products but I really want to get at what the plan is for quality nozzles being off-limits.

I've read many posts here about trouble with the new/rebuilt injectors. Our local diesel person should be able to rebuild them like they can other makes. I just don't get the supply model. Perhaps at $80CAD bucks a pop the injector body manufacturing endeavour remains viable and supports families/generates profits. Dunno.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The average American, Canadian or European would be hard pressed to live out his day to day life without coming into contact with something from "Alibaba." Sad state of affairs but it's where we are at with globalisation.

It's like anything else. The person doing the work needs to inspect the parts before putting them in. Wes is a trusted rebuilder of these and just suggested there can be QC issues with the "good" ones. I'd trust him to go through Chinese nozzles and rebuild a set of injectors for me if he determined they we're cost effective

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd not trust in the quality of the stuff coming from alibaba enough to try, whether or not that is what is DCP sells I dunno. I've no experience with DCP. Perhaps 79Jasper you've experiences to share I'm interested in what it is about them and the quality of products but I really want to get at what the plan is for quality nozzles being off-limits.

I've read many posts here about trouble with the new/rebuilt injectors. Our local diesel person should be able to rebuild them like they can other makes. I just don't get the supply model. Perhaps at $80CAD bucks a pop the injector body manufacturing endeavour remains viable and supports families/generates profits. Dunno.

OP may want to purchase from DCP here in Memphis, he MAY get lucky bot I doubt it. I could drive over and buy,swap,return since I am closer than most. Ain't gonna happen. There are lots of 'endeavors' around here that supports families/generates profits. Hopefully the law will catch up with them and prosecute as it has with others.
We know of at least 3 Dependable rebuilders on this site & I also use Taylor Diesel here in Memphis for my purchases. DCP is not a dependable source of rebuilt supply parts as noted in the Hall of Shame. OP has been warmly warned.
It is good that he has asked about them before, I hope, he has purchased from them since others that purchased first and had problems with their products did not.
We are not here to flame, but to help each other.

adamsanders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a few options for nozzles, one being what dcp and pensacola use which is a chinese duplicate of BB code injectors. You can also still get new and reman stanadyne nozzles for more cost than the chinese nozzles, with the new stanadynes being increasingly inconsistent out of the box and requiring some hand work to bring them up to par. I use new stanadyne nozzles on my stock replacement injectors, and reman extruded nozzles for my stage ones.

The market cornering comes from stanadyne and from suppliers not wanting to admit they are using Chinese nozzles. Stanadyne is very hardcore on keeping their parts, pricing, supply and specs a secret. They don’t want to work with you unless you pay a significant amount of money to buy their specific tooling and equipment to become and maintain their certification. Furthermore a certified shop can be stripped of their certification just by sharing info with another non certified shop, even if it’s just sharing an allowable spec for injector pop pressures. It’s a modern monopoly in a huge portion of the fuel market, so that’s why there’s little to no public info on a lot of the stanadyne parts.

So you don't know of a domestic supplier of aftermarket nozzles for our injectors? Very interesting that someone hasn't emerged in that market with all of these engines still on the road,

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, because I dearly love dinking around wit stuff like this... I'd really like to get my hands on some nozzles and some shims...

:D

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't know if dcp has one supplier for all of their injectors, but it doesn't matter which engine, they all have a extremely high failure rate. (Idi, cummins, psd, dmax, etc)
I'm sure you already know, but it's not as simple as just swapping a new nozzle to regain performance. The pintle could be worn, need to pop test them and match them as well.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. I wouldn't buy from them anyway.

But I can't mess around with any of it, if I can't get the parts. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88