November 3rd Wreck

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I had literally just got the Enterprise ready for our drive to Fort Lauderdale (just getting back) and got hit. Pulled out of my parents driveway from visiting and got maybe 100 yards away and got hit by a 19 year old girl driving her boyfriend's, mom's Cadillac Escalade. She was driving way too fast and dumb. She crossed a double yellow on a blind corner to pass me when another small car rounded the corner in front of us. I locked up the front brakes and she struck my drivers front, pushing me into the ditch. She rolled her vehicle maybe twice before it flipped the other direction and rolled 2 more times before coming to rest on the tracks. She survived with lots of bruising and the heavy Enterprise took all the shock and the thick mud in the ditch kept me from hitting the hill. I will have to take more detailed pictures, but the entire front clip is misaligned, bumper is a little bent, paint scratch on the passenger dually flare, passenger mirror is done for, and the passenger side hub is heating up, so I suspect a crushed wheel bearing cage (I just replaced outer front wheel bearings and pads too). Somehow the shock managed to pop part of the window trim loose, but none of the glass was broke. I can also feel the engine and transmission rolling and lots off vibration. Transmission mount is in tact, so I suspect a broken motor mount. I looked the frame over and there are no bends or signs of shifting, and I didn't even get a belt bruise.

You must be registered for see images attach

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

The Toyota Highlander is my parents. I was just about to call them after calling 911 and they were on their way to vote.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you are alright. Idiots like her cost everyone more.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kids will be kids.
glad every one is alright.
i would do a extreme powerwash on her, looks like mud got everywhere.
could account for vibration?
got the bed and the cab corner pretty good.
hope you find the vibration issue.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Agreed. Looking back, I can't believe I didn't yell at her for driving like that, but I was too involved in getting the pepper authorities there and letting CSX know. They had to hold 2 trains for about an hour or so. Her boyfriend's mom coveted the cost of the rollback dragging me out of the ditch.

I left the truck at my parents overnight (fiance picked me up) after we washed it off and liked it over some. I looked over it closer the next day after I brought it home.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
kids will be kids.
glad every one is alright.
i would do a extreme powerwash on her, looks like mud got everywhere.
could account for vibration?
got the bed and the cab corner pretty good.
hope you find the vibration issue.

Bed and cab corner were like that when I bought the truck. Looks like they painted over those dents.

Washed everything off before I brought it home. Made sure to get inside the wheels/hubcaps. When talking off I can feel the transmission roll towards me and see the shifter. Vibration may just be from needing an alignment and a damaged motor mount.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that's what insurance is for.i drove just as bad (probably far worse) when i was a kid too.i just got lucky i never stove anything up is all.
so long as everyone is ok.metal can be fixed.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bed and cab corner were like that when I bought the truck. Looks like they painted over those dents.

you are 100% incorrect.
the truck was in pristine shape before you got ran off the road*winkwink*

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm surprised she was not killed. Now what happened to the on coming car?? Thats a witness right there and they are not on your side or hers. Be sure to get their statements if they stayed around. Because our rigs are older I bet your truck is a total. Many years ago I was told if a car can't be repaired with all new parts they total it. Reason for that is the owner can continue to say the repair is not correct and cost much more than a total. That was back in 1995 when I totaled the wifey's Jag XJ12L sedan. Good thing everyone was walking away after this mess and yes.. Metal can be fixed or dumped but we can't.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you all walked away. Go have it looked at carefully. Maybe even put it on a frame machine. The problem with things like this is that you will think it's okay but you may have tweaked something that won't show up for a while then you don't have any real recourse. I lost a truck like that. Got rear-ended. Fixed the body damage. Few months later, it started eating the transfer case but I had no way to prove what it was and honestly, until it started eating the replacement I didn't put it all together. It was seemingly unrelated but once added up with a couple other things it made sense.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm....first is yer name maybe Karma to the incicent

Glad everyone is OK with no major hurtz

Get that truck on a frame machine right pronto...have it inspected cause if tweaked could spell WRITE OFF right quick...

Good luck hope it is all cosmetic for truck.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Nothing got dented that can't be replaced with new panels, thankfully. I have to call her insurance company's adjuster back to setup a time for him to come look at it this week. I'm going to have to ask about local shops with a game rack large enough to get the truck on. I could tale it to the local vocational school, but it may be 4 months before they even look at it. Impact in the ditch was very soft, I don't think I even locked the seat belt. I've got my fingers crossed.

The 2 girls in the oncoming car left before the highway patrol showed up. He said he didn't need them since the were not struck, but I have a picture of their license plate.