No power

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the cab where the throttle cable connects to the pedal Is where mine had the most play, check to see if its slipped like halfway off the pedal, maybe depress the pedal and have it help down at full and then look at your injection pump to see how much throttle you are actually using possibly?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it's revving up a little slow but my phone speaker is kinda bad. Any smoke? Blue white black ?

Tim lindell

Reaction score
It starts about the same
Started it the other day after sitting for 3 weeks at about 48 degrees and it sounded the same. The glow plugs appear to be working fine

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be an issue with your governor assembly in the pump. How long has it been doing this?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When did you last change the fuel filter??? My wild ass guess (wag) is that probably is dirty and can't supply enough fuel to run any load on the engine like you mentioned.

gandalf

Reaction score
You say the throttle response is sluggish. Is it the engine which is sluggish, or is it actual truck movement? Try revving the engine by advancing the throttle from under the hood. That is to say, bypass the go-peddle and the throttle cable when you tell the engine to rev. This will help either prove or disprove the first step in the process.

Tim lindell

Reaction score
Alright so I finally got to mess with my truck. I believe i found the issue. First I bypassed most of the fuel system by running the inlet line from the mech lift pump into a 5gallon diesel tank.This didnt seem t help much but it eliminated most of the fuel system. After that I bypassed the filter housing assembly by running some 3/8" line from the outlet of the lift pump onto the inlet line of the IP. As soon as I did this ( and primed the line) there was a noticeable increase in performance. I ran the truck a couple of miles down the road with some diesel clean in the 5galloms of diesel. The longer I drove it the better it got... So long story short i want upgrade that entire housing and switch to an electric lift pump. Does anyone have any suggestions, preferably an all in one assemble thats not crazy expensive(ie <$300). I plan on replacing all flexable fuel lines with clear lines to be able to view the system. And yes I tried replacing the fuel filter twice prior to bypassing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. As is sits my tuck can finally spin the tires in gravel but can mostly maintain/ increase speed up a hill at 45mph, Still a little sluggish but i think actually getting fuel and running a cleaner for a while will assist this plus an electric lift pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.