No power

Tim lindell

Reaction score
I have a 94 f350 4x4. With the 7.3 idk turbo, 5speed. The truck starts perfect, zero blow by, revs ok at in neutral, No smoke, New filter and new diesel but when you try to drive it it tops out at about 35mph on a flat road. I'm wondering if the lift pump is gone but usually if that happens it would have a rough start. Any suggestions or known common problems? Also it has about 3/4 tank of fresh diesel

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Throttle cable problem maybe? Mine broke a long time ago when I got my truck. Didn't break all the way though so I only had like 1/4 throttle

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scan the truck. There is something wrong and the scan will tell you. I am not remembering what causes this. I believe it is a sensor.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
He said it's a IDI, only thing he can possibly scan is the trans computer.

Uhh..... it's not in 4Low is it?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scan the truck. There is something wrong and the scan will tell you. I am not remembering what causes this. I believe it is a sensor.
If he has a five speed in a 94 then it’s an idi.

Is the turbo freely spinning? Does it miss or surge once you top out or does it just seem to stop? I would feel all four hubs for any excessive heat as well

Tim lindell

Reaction score
The turbo spins fine. The wheel hubs don't heat up. It's in 2wd. The throttle cable is bad but I have it clamped tight until I put the new one in.

Tim lindell

Reaction score
Yes it will rev in neutral. I just put a pressure gauge on the fuel system and I'm not getting any pressure off my lift pump. I'm pretty sure the injection pump is pulling a vacuum

Tim lindell

Reaction score
The next question is should I just bypass the mechanical pump and put in an electric? Is it worth it?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well it is worth it. But for now, I would throw on a new mechanical pump.
Have you replaced the fuel filter?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tim lindell

Reaction score
Alright still the same after I replaced the lift pump. How do I upload a video from my phone?