No cold start OBS 7.3

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as titled, wont start at 20f. Has new glow plugs and harnesses. Relay shows 7 volts going to glow plugs, not sure if that’s good? This is my first Powerstroke. Last truck was IDI powered.
Not exactly sure where to look next. Obviously plugged in it’s fine. ??

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll do a new relay and clean the ring lead ASAP for my next step. Then report to what happens.

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 emergency I don't want to be stranded here trick. Cross your two big terminals on the relay with a small pocket style screwdriver and count to 20-30 sec. Remove it and get in and start it quick. If it starts your relay is bad drive to the parts store pick one up and drive home and install it. If it fails to start suspect something else first.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 emergency I don't want to be stranded here trick. Cross your two big terminals on the relay with a small pocket style screwdriver and count to 20-30 sec. Remove it and get in and start it quick. If it starts your relay is bad drive to the parts store pick one up and drive home and install it. If it fails to start suspect something else first.

Wow-Flame Thr
That’s hard core! I did think about using a jumper to do that. But I’ve got a plug in and it’s easy at the house to use it. Once I’m running it’s starts up easy for quite a while, but not overnight.

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow-Flame Thr
That’s hard core! I did think about using a jumper to do that. But I’ve got a plug in and it’s easy at the house to use it. Once I’m running it’s starts up easy for quite a while, but not overnight.

Like I said emergency:mad:. If its that or stranded Im in. -Flame Thr

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. It’s just funny I just had that same idea, bout 20 minutes before I saw your suggestion.
Great minds think alike:cheers:

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. It’s just funny I just had that same idea, bout 20 minutes before I saw your suggestion.
Great minds think alike:cheers:

So was the relay the ticket? It's a shame these issues wait until single digit temperatures to rear their head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The place I went to this morning didn’t have one for me. I’m working all Holiday weekend for extra $$. So the truck is sitting at home while I go make the bacon.

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a AutoZone one. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Another good idea, but getting double time and a half started consuming my mind. So I’ve ordered one in and it will be next year before I get back to it.:Thumbs Up
I’ll post how it works out soon as I get it finished.