Newbie Here

meyer743

Reaction score
Morning all. Nick from Ohio here. Just started looking at getting into an IDI. Already have found a lot of good info here. Honestly i'm a little surprised at the asking price for these trucks. Seems like they are going for almost twice what KBB is suggesting even in "Excellent" condition. Mainly looking for a tow rig for my camper (~7500#) and horse trailer and such...nothing to heavy. This won't be a daily driver. One that is on my radar is a '93 F-350 Crew Cab, 5 speed manual, 4X4 with factory turbo. Supposedly just had clutch replaced, new glow plugs and relay, new injectors, and new ignition switch. It has 270,000 miles and asking $7500. Should I be scared of 270k miles? I know if maintained well, these trucks will last, just seems up there.

Thanks again for all the info...lovin the site!

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to OB Nick sounds like a decent truck I'd test drive it go over all the normal checking fluids tires n so forth. This a great site lots of guru guys n girls n turbo people.

If u can see all the receipts on when the parts was set on that would be a good thing as well

ReticulateSplines

Reaction score
The older they get, the more people are seeking them. Style as well as the fact they are mechanically operated and not computer controlled drives the price.

I have no idea what the market is in your area, but I would go look at it at least while keeping my eyes open for other options. It has been stated that the engine has a life expectancy of 300k - not that it will self destruct at that point but food for thought.

I paid something like $3500 a couple years back for my 93, NA, auto, 2wd with 198k and thought I made out well with the engine/drivetrain - body is pretty rough/ugly, squeeky/leaky but it is a work truck that I slapped a flatbed on. Does everything I ask of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online