New trailer for the seven three!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked it up last night, going to use it with my truck to get my class A and get into bigger paying jobs. 31+5 with a liftable dovetail center to make a full flat deck. No other trailer I looked at had this feature.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also the biggest selling factor was the cutouts in the ramp siding made them a lot lighter and the railing on the side fits j hook straps. You would think that would be pretty standard but big Tex and pj side railing was too close to the frame, you couldn’t fit a j hook strap in between to grab the rail.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And not to go off topic but just got my new vanity plates! Sure to make a few on the road upset lol

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most don't even know what the SRT is. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I always get asked what kind of car it is. Since they only make 5200 of the caliber srt4 you never see them. I’m a muscle car guy but I love blowing the doors off corvettes and gt’s, hemis with a little 4 cylinder. Fastest I’ve been down the track is 11.52 so it runs good. It made 435lb-ft of torque at 23 pounds of boost to the wheels

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's pretty good. What's funny is the "touring" pt cruiser. Same setup as the srt4 neon. Lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back on the trailer topic,

What are ya hauling with it?
Nice rig!
Makes thread about badass new trailer...

Proceeds to talk only about four bangers
-Lame:rotflmao

Haha ya love me some 4 cylinders! Back on topic I’ll be doing hotshot type work with it. I used the old idi before with a fifth wheel equipment trailer but was always on the verge of capacity. So with the new powerstroke and this trailer I’ll feel a lot safer towing loads for people. Ideally I’m sourcing the parts to make the Truck a dually so that’s the end goal with my rig. But I have the zf6 and with granny low it’ll pull from a stop without even touching the throttle

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the new hitch installed, gotta admit I don’t like how the curt setup is. Wish I would’ve went with b&w. The curt hitch only uses one 1 inch bolt through the frame and a large c clamp. I noticed first tow it was shifting quite a bit so I drilled and added 3/8 grade 8 bolts on each side and made wood wedges to go in between the frame rails and hitch rails so the tounge weight is supported. Really not happy. It installed easy but I don’t like it.

On another note the powerstroke zf6 tows it amazing. Our old grade that my turbo idi would barely do 55 with my 24ft equipment trailer empty (single 6 lug axles) I went up today on the 50hp setting pulling od with ease at 60, could’ve went 80 if I wanted to!

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the hitch. See how much gap is in between the top of frame and Truck frame, before the wood wedges it was actually moving up n down. This is also before I drilled the rear of the plates to add another grade 8 bolt to each side