New To the Duramax

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so last night i finally bit the bullet and went out and got a respectable vehicle.

i purchased an 01 2500 Durmax regular cab long bed truck. it has 145k on her, allison automatic transmission, shift on the fly push button 4wd, power windows power door locks, automatic mirrior, cd player, what looks and feels to be bucket seats. green exterior color, tan interior

driving it last night im really happy with her so far, runs like charm, shifts crisp, rides nice. it has a few nicks and dents here and there but they dont bother me, mechanically its sound, and doesnt appear to be leaking any sort of fluids, so i am happy

i finally got something respectable, going from an 84 non turbo diesel ford to this truck, wow, what a step up, i hope it makes the grade

i think slowly i am going to mod the truck, as of right now i feel it has enough power for myself, it feels real good, so it may see a chip for some better mpg, not sure from who, probably either banks or sct.

i was so excited i had trouble sleeping last night :D am i crazy? cookoo

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Keep us posted, I am looking to do the same in the near future! I want to know mileage and such as well!

Congrats!!!

Don't mind Tonka, he's driving a durge!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Tbird

Congrats on the new ride. Like all the makes, there will be things you like and dislike about it. Mine has things I don't like, but I'm very happy with it overall.
Nothing like driving a 6000lb hotrod!

Tom

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What, did I say something wrong :D :oops: :sorry:

:angel:

Every truck has their strong and weak points, just gotta pick what suits what you need it for and hope for the best.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Every truck has their strong and weak points, just gotta pick what suits what you need it for and hope for the best.

That is so true. I have my preferences and have been served well by Chevy's for quite a few years. Currently, I don't own a Chevy (the hex wife took it) but have a GMC van I am getting ready to sell. Since the body shop can't seem to work their magic on the AC compressor on my Santa Fe and the alarm seems to be possessed since hitting the deer, I am currently driving a 2008 Ford Fusion. Pretty neat car, SE - V6 and it runs pretty darn strong, but many of the features of my Santa Fe are missing, like the butt warmers!!! :) Supposed to be getting it back next week, we shall see. They are putting a new factory compressor on it since the used one failed in less than a month.

Anyway, whatever works is what you need and as was said, there will be trade-offs in everything you drive!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would depend on your definition of wrong. LOL
You gotta be careful there buddy. :)
See how quickly us Chebby boys can
gather and step up to the plate. :fight:

En Guard. :rotflmao :rotflmao

Them Chebby boys are quick, only took almost 12 HOURS for the first response to my jab:rotflmao ....... BTW Bob, you ain't even got a chebby or duramax engine in yer crossbreed, saw that with my own eyes.

:kick:..... :fight: Touche' ...... now let go of yer wiener LOL

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonka, your a traitor to so i dont want to hear it :rotflmao

bottom line is, i lived and breathed ford trucks for 4 years, so im a little tired of them, dodge, are a dime a dozen, so i went with the uncharted territory. that on top of the smoothness and how quiet the truck is while still sounding like a diesel made it a plus because if need be my gf can drive the truck without constant ******** :D

but it certainly is a hot rod :angel:

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ladder rack is gone, that flimsy ugly thing really didnt suite the truck well, the first order of business is a spray in bed liner

You must be registered for see images

rubberfish

Reaction score
Yup. Get rid of the rack unless you have to have it.
Other than that, it's one sweet looking truck. :thumbsup:
A Reg cab is as nice as they come. :hail

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tonka, your a traitor to so i dont want to hear it :rotflmao

bottom line is, i lived and breathed ford trucks for 4 years, so im a little tired of them, dodge, are a dime a dozen, so i went with the uncharted territory. that on top of the smoothness and how quiet the truck is while still sounding like a diesel made it a plus because if need be my gf can drive the truck without constant ******** :D

but it certainly is a hot rod :angel:

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao See what I mean Bob, Boy them Chebby boys are quick..... Only took him a day to respond.;Poke :popcorn

Looks good. Surprised you didn't go for an extended cab or crew cab because if yer that serious about worrying about the GF needs you might as well get married and have kids because yer already whipped
:hail :backoff

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that wasn't into the consideration of the buy, it was just a plus she wouldnt ***** if for some odd reason i said, you need to drive my truck now, as in im drunk and shes sober or i don't feel like moving it, or for some odd reason i cant or don't feel like driving my truck, thats all, she knows she doesn't matter in my overall decision, because i am going to do what i want in the end and its a tough **** situation for her if she doesn't like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online