new to the 6.0

9779scott

Reaction score
I have always had a truck with the 7.3. I just bought an 06 f350 with 190,000. List of parts replaced by ford between 105 and 135 are as follows. Turbo, ficm, clutch, tranny rebuilt, all 8 injectors, egr valve, water pump, head gaskets ( no studs though). Oil and coolant looks good. What add ons should I do for longevity? I am getting about 17 mpg with it, cc. Lb. Dually 4x4 with 4.10 gears. Is this normal?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
EGR delete for reliability. might want to look into a bulletproof diesel remote mount oil cooler. also recommend a monitor of some sort like a scangaugeII or an Edge CTS.

Coolant filter as well is a good investment.

Save up for head studs.

9779scott

Reaction score
I am thinking of a coolant filter first off from sinister diesel. How consuming are the egr delete kits to put in? Anyone know anything about the SCT live wire ts performance monitor/programmer?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If the oil cooler hasn't been replaced, do it when you have the intake off to to the egr delete.
Should take ya half a day to do the egr delete and oil cooler replace. The Dorman oil coolers are a reputable replacement and also come with the new upgraded hpop sump screen.
If you're considering any type of tuner, head studs should also be considered as well.