New tires and Wheels

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I just got new tires and wheels - seven of them for $675!

It was a surprise to me that people buy a new truck and upgrade the tires and wheels before the tires are even bad. These have about 100 miles on them. What can I do with the wheels? Surely they are worth something?

I also got the chrome center caps and trim rings. They look great!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I just got new tires and wheels - seven of them for $675!

It was a surprise to me that people buy a new truck and upgrade the tires and wheels before the tires are even bad. These have about 100 miles on them. What can I do with the wheels? Surely they are worth something?

I also got the chrome center caps and trim rings. They look great!

Mike

Pics? In my opinion Ford has the nicest alloy duallie wheels. On a Chevy, unless your going with Alcoa's, I think the stock steelies are nicest. Most of the rest of them are just FooFoo. Painting them (steelies) to match, or a complementary color can do wonders for them. I've always liked the Chevy center caps and beauty rings as well. That's why I decided to keep the "steelies" on my SRW and searched for beauty rings to fit the new style wheels. Since your truck is white (if I remember correctly), I would go with black wheels. My personal favorite color for trucks is red and white. In which case, I would paint the wheels bright ass red if it were mine.:eek: But that's just my opinion.

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
My truck is silver, and the wheels are silver too. I need to take pics.

I now have the GMC caps and beauty rings. Maybe when I pull these wheels off I'll play with getting some body paint and painting the wheels the body color. That might be neat.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
My truck is silver, and the wheels are silver too. I need to take pics.

I now have the GMC caps and beauty rings. Maybe when I pull these wheels off I'll play with getting some body paint and painting the wheels the body color. That might be neat.

Oops. Is it Silver Birch? I like that color.

Mine is Blue Granite and I'm going with black and silver "accessories". Along those same lines, I thought about painting my wheels black. I may still. One other thing you can do to personalize your wheels is changing the center cap "GMC" or "Chevy" decal to something unique. I contacted Flip at http://stores.ebay.com/FlipsGraphXdeSign and he will make decals with any design to fit my center caps (3.5"). He did it for his Chevy duallie once. I believe he wanted $15 or $20 each, so I opted not to at that time. I do have some other stuff of his and it is very good quality.

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I really like what I have but will upgrade to some mudflaps soon with the GMC logo in them.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I really like what I have but will upgrade to some mudflaps soon with the GMC logo in them.

I just put DuraFlaps on all the way around. Very nice. If I can ever get my truck clean I'll take some pics and post'em. Very $$, but worth it in my opinion.

Tom

82fordtruck

Reaction score
That's what she is getting me for my birthday - duraflaps with the GMC logo in the stainless insert at the bottom.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
That's what she is getting me for my birthday - duraflaps with the GMC logo in the stainless insert at the bottom.

Cool! You will love them.

I'm not sure if they are a contributing vendor here. If you are a member over at dieselplace.com (I am), where they are a vendor, they will take off 10%. You have to tell them you're a member. I didn't find out until after I ordered them, but they still sent me my discount back. That was good for $23.

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online