new owner......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
...03 Duramax/Allison...100k mi
Just had all 8 ing changed from a TSB.

What issues are there in this model year? not sure of eng code---LL7, city alpha 6,BR549 etc....:confused:

pafixitman

Reaction score
:thumbsup: Pics???

Not sure if it is the same TSB, but there was one for the gp. IIRC, the gp would stay on and melt the wire.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
'03 is LB7. The worst problem has been dealt with (injectors). Change the fuel filter every other oil change at least, and possibly ad secondary filtration. The injector warrenty has been extended to 200K/7yrs on the '01-'03 so you'll be covered for a while. I've heard that the Allison likes it's spin on filter changed frequently too... I don't know the milage since mines a handshaker.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Geo

Welcome to the world of Duramax. Nice thing is the LB7 and LLy have gobs of aftermarket stuff available;Sweet so have fun with it. Mine is an LBZ and only has 11K so far so no mods in the near future. The LBZ's don't have as much aftermarket support yet anyway. But it's like driving a 7000 lb muscle car. You'll get to liking that Allison. Never driven a 5 speed model, but my 6 speed does pretty good. I was a little skepticle at first since I believe all trucks should have manual transmissions. But age and a tempermental ciatic nerve in my left hip like the fact that I don't have to shift all the time.

I wish we could get some regular Duramax posters here so I don't have to go over to the "other site" for Dmax education. It's kind of **** over there.

Tom

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...03 Duramax/Allison...100k mi
Just had all 8 ing changed from a TSB.

What issues are there in this model year? not sure of eng code---LL7, city alpha 6,BR549 etc....:confused:

Damn, You just went from the darkside to the wrong side:backoff:D

Congrats, hope she does you right. What happened, you get tired of beating yourself to death patching the ol truck up.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, You just went from the darkside to the wrong side:backoff:D
I don't care who you are...now that there is funny.
Chebbies aren't as bad as most people think, they all break down about the same. Been there, towed them all. Geo ain't gonna like the body as much, but only time will tell.
BTW...congrats Geo, its still a good truck. maybe it will liven up this quiet little corner a bit more.;Sweet

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
OH CHIT!>>>>>>

:rotflmao LOL That's what I get for posting before my first cup of coffee.....

A bud of mine bought the Duramax :D ....and he's diesel stoopid and has already hammered me with a ton of questions, wanting help etc.....he was looking at a rather strong Dodge so....cookoo cookoo
He wants sumptin a bit better at towing his bobcats around than his big block gasser and the cab room.......

Anyways......it is LB7 code and are the plug and play boxes a safe way to go as this guy has had gassers before but new to this whole dezl thing.

I have heard statments the exh and intake are already mod friendly size wise.....;Really

GP melting wires TSB...:eek: gonna look into that and I'm going over to see it "in daylight" and take a for a spin today.

The injector warrenty has been extended to 200K/7yrs on the '01-'03 so you'll

Hopefully he has the documentation.......

tonkadoctor said:
What happened, you get tired of beating yourself to death patching the ol truck up.

:shoot: :backoff not even close fuzzy :D ;p

:sorry: about the confusion :angel:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I get for posting before my first cup of coffee.....
Me thinks you better get an caffene IV before posting something like that again;Poke For a minute I figured I'd see ya come pulling up in an Isuzu next time you stopped in and I'd havta fix it fer ya.:smash:

:shoot: :backoff not even close fuzzy :D ;p

:rotflmao :rotflmao must be talking about my beard

Chebbies aren't as bad as most people think, they all break down about the same. Been there, towed them all.
That's right, every one of my chebbies broke down and they all needed to be towed:rotflmao sorry but you left me room to ;Poke

Really just boils down to personnal prefference in styling and comfort and brand loyalty if you have it. My dad retired from GM and won't buy nothing but GMC suburbans for a truck. There will always be the Ford, GM & Dodge debates.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Really just boils down to personnal prefference in styling and comfort and brand loyalty if you have it. My dad retired from GM and won't buy nothing but GMC suburbans for a truck. There will always be the Ford, GM & Dodge debates.

My dad retired from a company that made a good deal of Dodge and Fords plastic parts, body parts etc. the funny thing is, he won't own a Dodge or Ford!!! At the company he worked for, he was the QC manager, so go figure. Oh and they did make Chevy stuff and that is all he will own. I have owned Chevies as well, almost exclusively, and have never been towed in anything, even my Ford - and my last three vehicles left with over 250,000 miles on them, one an 83 Celebrity had over 350,000. So at any rate, I think not only do they all make some junk, they all make a pretty good product as well.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberfish
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm glad you cleared that up.
We were all ready to stop talking to you. ;Poke

Not me Geo, you'll always be my bro...that and $3 will get you a cup of coffee!!! :D

:rotflmao :rotflmao He almost got dropped like a bad habit.......1 aw **** wiped out 1000 attaboys.......Time to start over from the beginning GEO to pull outa this hole.:fan:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight