New member in Florida

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
New member here, I have been tinkering with diesels off n on for years, no expert but learning so I mostly just come by to read something. I have a 1989 F250 2WD IDI, low miles runs fine did typical PMP to it including fuel return lines, GP, GPR, Coolant flush and additives, Filter changes, belts and misc components. I love it! had a 86 with a 6.9 that ran perfect never needed a thing! I also have a 96 F350 Box truck 4x4 with a PSD 109K miles, I swore off the powerstrokes after having 2 of em with super high mileage and poorly maintained by previous, but then last year got into an ambulance project with a buddy of mine and it ran great after replacing the rat chewed harness. Im a little more confident with them now. Just sold a Mercedes 240D and currently have a Project with a OM617 in it, thinking about dumping it into a 71 Dodge W200 I have. That's about it.

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
It was on the way to the scrap yard got it for 300 bucks! I drive it regularly, but im starting to have an issue with the NP435 syncros, when i got it home started to check all the fluids the tranny and the front diff full of water, flushed both of em multiple times. The 318-3 now runs good it pulls like a beast recovered 3 guys in near new jeeps stuck in a local hole they nearly fainted when I told them how much I had into it. I didn't get much interest in the thing till I rolled it with some Rustoleum hunter green, now i cant stop anywhere without someone commenting bout it. I also have an 87 Dodge Raider that I got for free... keeping an eye out for a 4d55 mitsi oil burner it bolts right in no motor mount or bell housing issues...When I figure out how to post pics ill throw some up

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Oilburners sir it's a great family group your Dodge sounds nice, can you post pictures

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
Ok I looked thru the forms, here are a couple of my rigs, wasn't really sure where to post it.
You must be registered for see images attach

So the first pic is a 96 F350 box truck 4x4 PSD (Big Green Truck) 109K miles gonna use it too move my GF stuff to Arkansas then remove the box set it up as a tool shop and have a PSD rolling work platform.
The other is a 89 F250 IDI (Medium Green Truck) 63k miles, I had extra paint and it sorely needed it so it got painted same as my 71 W200 (IGT Implement Green Truck) Dodge. Just basic cheap work rigs all run well lower miles, well maintained fun to drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online