New DURAMAX owner

Vailman

Reaction score
well I did it! some of you might know me from another site, I have been an avid PS man for 6 years. So any advice on the new ride? I want to get some things to fix her up a little so any advice would be wonderful. Need side steps right now but looking for something kinda different....

Thanks ;Sweet

Max Power

Reaction score
Welcome. You will like your Duramax. What cab/box did you get?

Vailman

Reaction score
RKOCH said:
First advise sell the Chevy. Second buy a ford!

I have had 3 powerstrokes, and done it all to them! I wanted a change ans as for now the duramax is way more comfortable then my 2002 PS............. Oh did I mention it is faster stock for stock by far?

I got a Crew Cab short box with all the bells and whistles............. so far I am loving it ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vailman,

Glad to see you over here, I posted a reply in your "Duramax" thread over at TDS. You're going to love it here at OB, welcome aboard and I bet you are loving that Dmax. Run it hard!!!

Mike

gotdiesel?

Fine Diner
Reaction score
Advice if you do sell it and buy a Ford. Drive the Ford off of a bridge, take the insurance check and buy a dodge!!!! Sorry, I just had to get mine in too. Good luck with the new ride and welcome to OB

Vegas Max

Reaction score
I just bought an '05 C3500 ! ton dually 3 months ago. I really love this thing! I've got about 4000 miles on it. Should I change the oil on it soon, or let service notice in the dash tell me when?

I've pulled a 10K trailer up Cajon Pass at 70 mph and Baker grade in the heat of the day (130+ ground temp)! This truck is stump puller! I've got a K&N in the stock air box and a Dyna Max diesel muffler on it.

My next step is I've got first run (direct bolt ons) 19.5 Alcoa Classics with 100K mile Michelins on order. This thing should run and look sweet!

I've got a friend that sells the Bully Dog stuff but, I have another friend that put "The Edge" unit in his '02 Max and really likes it. I just want to "kick it" about 50 to 100 horse so its reliable in the desert heat...which is the better unit?

Thanks for any suggestions.

MMeier

Reaction score
Hey, my buddy Vegas Max here is kinda' new to this site, can one of you powerful moderator types move his post to the general, performance section, hopefully he'll get some responses there!! TIA! :Thumbs Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online