new cummins owner

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys I got me a real nice mechanically sound 1993 dodge one ton with the cummins and auto overdrive and 205000 miles. The truck is pretty much stock with the pump turned up just a touch and muffler delete. My question is since this will be my daily driver, will a all new 4" exhaust kill my low end power at all? I see that Diamond Eye has a full 4" exhaust with muffler for around $300 shipped. I am getting older and like a little quieter truck but want good flow and the best mpg I can get. The truck is crazy to drive since I drive newer high revving trucks at work. I like it as it suites my style, kinda slow but steady!!

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
I don't think it works the way on a diesel as it does on a gasser. Especially having forced induction. I think it will be fine with the 4".

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yes. it will lower the low end but not much. anything larger diameter will kill mileage and lower the low end even further.... at least it did on my cummins.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going from stock to a 4" straight pipe added power to mine, not sure if the mpgs changed that much to matter.

-Jordan-

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's not the answers I wanted!:sly The pipe section over the rear end is crimped up and I will need to fix that. I was figuring at less than $300 I would be better off than spending $150 fixing mine and have a whole new setup. I am changing all fluids and cleaning all the grime off engine but I am going to leave it stock otherwise.

this is the exhaust.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ270664602990QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT
this one is with the muffler.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ320730647588QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Last edited:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious guys, The over the rear end section is it factory crimped up for clearance? Mine looks good with no gouges but might have been smashed with the shock bar under heavy load.

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats.
I can't seem to hang onto the ones I bag. They sell for at least twice of what I get into them for and the buyers are from the midwest.cookoo
the appeal of a kali truck is the sheetmetal is not turned into hamburger meat from getting worked.
here's a couple of pics of one I hung onto for four hours.........

Attachments

• SL374017.JPG
    SL374017.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SL374019.JPG
    SL374019.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 13
  • SL374021.JPG
    SL374021.JPG
    290.9 KB · Views: 11

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is pretty clean! Both front fenders are buggered up but I got 2 nearly perfect fenders with the truck. I got the truck from a friend and he scrapped out another 93 a few months ago. With the truck he gave me another pump,turbo, intercooler and all piping and all small stuff that was easy to pull off. I just need to find a good grill and I will be able to paint it in the spring!

Grey Wolf

Reaction score
Greg,

Nice find, hang on to that one for sure!

Towcat, you need to save one for yourself one day..

GW

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
I ordered the Diamond Eye for my '93 from TV Diesel and it was about $275ish shipped to my door. If anything it helped my truck out some both power and fuel efficiency wise. Definitely worth it. 3" versus 4" straight piped won't be real noticeable but if you want it quieter then opt for the muffler with the kit. EGTs dropped about 200* as well.

Also, I wouldn't go much farther past mild pump tweaks without gauges and upgrades to the trannie. In stock form the A518 is marginal but beyond that it's a dog.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01