Needing heater/AC linkage information

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97 ford f 250HD. 7.3 5 speed
Needing to find location of all the places under the dash for the heater control cables, etc.
Using the dash controls on the dash wont let me change from heat to vent or to the defrosters, floor, etc.
Does anyone have a diagram of where the flaps, linkages are physically located.
Due to someones homemade "console" everything in front of my shifter is hidden or covered.
Are the "flaps" vacuum controlled or are the cable actuated?

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you get your low boost problem sorted? didn't see any more posts from you after end of June, wonderign if you found the problem and what fixed it? oh and the flaps are vacuum controlled.

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent got the boost problem sorted out either, the truck has been parked at work putting on a service bed and putting things back together after i was rear ended at 35 mph, had to remove rear fuel tank and straighten the frame and then been doing little things while trying to get the service bed on. didnt want to drive it without a bed on it but have been trying to sort out a lot of problems with it.
I know i have vacuum but i guess i will have to take the controls out of the dash, even though i am in Dallas - FtWorth area but when it rains here the windows fog up when i leave for work at 1 am and i cant defrost the windshield. i have had to put 1/2 inch ball valves on the heater hoses just to keep from frying because none of the controls do anything.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the small vacuum hose under the hood at the AC evaporator, the heater hoses run close to it, you might have disturbed and cracked it. my 97 it had crumbled and disappeared from the years of under hood heat.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a vacuum leak will cause the dash controls to stay on defrost

slyhog022056

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the diaphragm under the hood by the heater box only controls inside / outside air. all i have is the dash vents working, i need to find a way to switch it to defrost, to floor or a mix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online

No members online now.