Need wiring held schematics/ diagrams

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I really need to know the dash wiring plug goes to that plugs into the cluster, i need to know what color wire goes to what functoin would be great, on the 86 model, then i need to know the same on a 89 model thanks!

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like THIS:

You must be registered for see images attach

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Like THIS:

WEll the pictures show a red X but it may be this computer im on, i will see when i get home, as long as it shows me what the plugs that hook into the gauges cluster goes too thats what i need

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
David, the only thing I like about ford wiring is its kinda hard to put the wrong connector in the wrong spot, most everything will only fit into a certain spot.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
David, the only thing I like about ford wiring is its kinda hard to put the wrong connector in the wrong spot, most everything will only fit into a certain spot.

Yea thats for sure, im gonna look and compare and see if it will be easier to splice my wires to run the 89 gauges or just swap the harness in i get from you

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
HEH! I hear ya there....I am in crap already for coming straight home from work and going right under the pickup to work on my 5 speed install lol :rotflmao-cuss

yea i know how you feel, mine always fusses when i spend time with the truck instead of her, but it takes a heck of a women to put up with me:D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The thing to remember is that the 87-91 dash cluster is a two harness compared to your 86.

I know that, but im thinking there is alot of things that might not be neede/used, and some of that is probly the lights so it might not be that bad