Need some more 727 tranny help.

Reaction score
I screwed up and put this part in a bucket of Purple Power when I threw in a bunch of hard steel parts to soak. Well, I did not get a chance to get back to it until two weeks later. I know better than to throw aluminum parts in that stuff so I am still lost as to how I allowed this part to find it way in. Anyway, it was machined and shiny, now it feels like charcoal and not shiny. First off, what is it called? I have been calling it a filter spacer but I do not know if that is the correct name for it. This came out of the 727 behind the Cummins on my 89 Dodge one ton. I have a 727 behind a 318 in a 1972 D200. I am rebuilding that one behind the 318 so if I have to buy new parts I would rather do it for that one. Will that 727 have the same part and if so will it interchange? Also, is this a part that is simple and inexpensive to replace? Is there something from the aftermarket that is better than stock? Oh, and the obvious, is there any way to salvage this part?

You must be registered for see images attach

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
It is the filter spacer. Run a file across both end of it to make sure it is flat and it should work fine.