Need PCM in Williams Lake BC

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
My buddy Ralph is stranded in Williams Lake BC. His 1996 7.3 PSD possibly needs a PCM. He went to read and clear the code on his truck with his Edge tuner. After clearing the codes, his truck will not start. It will not connect to the reader now either. He took it to the Ford dealer (Lake City Ford) and they can't connect to the PCM either. :p

I have a PCM I will try and overnight to him, but if there is someone local/close that help him out, that would be great.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Have him make sure to check the pcm fuse (#22 under hood, iirc) and also the pcm relay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Fuse 22 is ok. All fuses are OK. He swapped the PCM relay. He said it was buzzing. With PCM disconnected relay stops buzzing.

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Update:
It turns out it was the PCM. After he installed it, the truck ran like new again. That was last Wednesday. He got back to Calgary OK.

He was checking for error codes because the PCM relay was buzzing. He called Edge tech support and they said they would fix the PCM. He has to pay for the shipping, but that seems fair.

I like happy endings. :)

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did Edge say they woudl repair his PCM for free or did they give him a price?

hey what is diesel selling for out there now. in Southern Ontario 1.03.9 is pretty steady but some places down to 99.9 and as high as 1.09.9
diesel used to drop way below gas in the summer here, now it just goes way above gas in the winter.

gandalf

Reaction score

hey what is diesel selling for out there now. in Southern Ontario 1.03.9 is pretty steady but some places down to 99.9 and as high as 1.09.9 ...

Is that price per liter or per quart? Lets say it's per quart. That would be about $4.40 per US gallon. But that is in Canadian dollars. Another rough conversion would make it about $3.30 in US dollars. That would be about 35 cents more per gallon than in my neighborhood.

Disclaimer: all calculations are rough, so your numbers might vary.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
per litre , 1 litre is 1000ml , 1 quart is 946ml if I remember right. and yep Canadian dollars . not sure on the conversion rate there. our previous government decided against building more refineries in Canada while oil was high value................ so we still send it south and buy it back. ok the oil companies really control all that. we all get phucked by them both sides of our unprotected border. oops that might be taken as political, just let me check my faxe news sources and my tweeter account.

:cheers::fart:puke::cheers::cheers::cheers::sorry::sorry::cheers::cheers::cheers::rock:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Edge said free. Ralph has been pleased with the customer support so far.

I don't know what it is in Williams Lake. Probably more than here in Calgary. Last time I filled up it was $.979/L, but I get a 7 cent/L discount, so $.929 for me. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online