Need Injector Pump Supplier

noahtillotson

Reaction score
My 7.3 idi has fuel leaking into the oil and from my understanding it can either be the lift pump or injection pump, but I already have an electric lift pump. So by process of elimination I’m thinking it must be the injection pump.

I need some suggestions on suppliers. I want a good price, but I’m obviously looking for quality over price. I called Justin already to see if he’ll have anything in stock soon but I’m needing alternatives.

thank you all in advance for the help, this forums members have been a huge help for me with this project.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Have seen folks say Oregon Fuel Injection is a good shop. You may have to send yours for rebuild. Also if you have a C6 tranny take your plastic VRV off the pump as these are hard to find if it gets damaged.

You could put in some dye in your fuel filter and the run for a few minutes then pull the small cover off the front timging cover and see if you can confirm the shaft seal on your IP is leaking dyed diesel.

You may also want to confirm you don’t have a leak on the top of the engine which could go down the CDR plug hole or a rusted through area.

Also if your engine has a miss or is running a little rough you may also want to do a compression test. Low cylinder compression in a cylinder could also cause this problem.

But if quit a bit of diesel in the oil in short order then more likely a bad IP shaft seal could be your issue.

Let us know what you find!

Last edited:

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

noahtillotson

Reaction score

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

noahtillotson

Reaction score
Go buy some china ****, go ahead, prove the old guys wrong...
Feel me brah???

The above 4-5 ARE it
Industrial injection is a company based in salt lake that my father in law has done a lot of business with. I was just curious is any 7.3 owners on this forum had bought from them.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bet 1 or 2 could have...

fast
Cheap
and good pick 2.

The guys here have a list in the stickies (won't cover EVERY lowgrade seller) but it's a good start.
at nearly a grand is saving 20% worth it?
i would like to think there are many others out there building good stuff.
but just like napa alternators nope...

Keep bumping this , there is a wealth of idi knowledge here.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, very few people on here will recommend anyone not on this list.

Read the hall of shame if you really want to test your luck with someone else.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/the-oilburners-hall-of-shame.19805/

We just don't like buying the same part twice around here. Not trying to be a jerk, but there's a reason we recommend this short list exclusively.
Exactly. While Napa and others will occasionally let a good part slip through the cracks, most of their pumps are garbage. And sure, if it's bad, they'll be happy to exchange it for another. And another. And another. Untill you decide that these IDI's are just finicky garbage and you either sell your truck, or cave in and pay for a second pump from one of the 4.

Now, that's not to say that you won't sometimes get a bad pump from one of the 4. Sometimes stuff just happens. My pump from Justin would not even TRY to run when it was first installed. It took Towcat a few days to make it work, and since then it's been flawless, but occasionally that stuff will happen. Justin is notoriously hard to get a hold of when you want to buy stuff, but when I had that problem, I e-mailed him at 4 AM and had a reply by 6 AM. All 4 of the "approved" sellers are well known for not only producing quality products, but for their customer service as well. THAT is why their pumps cost more, but that's why they are worth the money.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
All 4 on the list are it in my opinion.... I’ve mostly dwelt with Russ (Typ4) & have been extremely happy! Very knowledgeable too!

However I’m kinda partial cause he only lives about 150 miles from me too.
(Speaking of that I need to holler at Russ sometime soon, been sort’a tied up & out’a sorts somewhat lately)

But my money is on the list of 4 posted earlier!!!! Try Typ4....

noahtillotson

Reaction score
Exactly. While Napa and others will occasionally let a good part slip through the cracks, most of their pumps are garbage. And sure, if it's bad, they'll be happy to exchange it for another. And another. And another. Untill you decide that these IDI's are just finicky garbage and you either sell your truck, or cave in and pay for a second pump from one of the 4.

Now, that's not to say that you won't sometimes get a bad pump from one of the 4. Sometimes stuff just happens. My pump from Justin would not even TRY to run when it was first installed. It took Towcat a few days to make it work, and since then it's been flawless, but occasionally that stuff will happen. Justin is notoriously hard to get a hold of when you want to buy stuff, but when I had that problem, I e-mailed him at 4 AM and had a reply by 6 AM. All 4 of the "approved" sellers are well known for not only producing quality products, but for their customer service as well. THAT is why their pumps cost more, but that's why they are worth the money.
Thanks for the information.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I just replaced my injectors from conestoga diesel. They were all pressure matched and came with one of the highest quality return line kit that I've used.

One of the two diesel shops here is stanadyne authorized dealer/rebuilder. I purchased my pump from them, with all non Chinese parts. The pump has a pressed in advance cylinder liner. The other diesel shop is the gigantic lifted, stack smokin basically useless short bed truck shop. I was torn between supporting a good local shop and one of the big rebuiders. In the end, I went local for the pump, but not the injectors. The fact that the guy who rebuilt the pump learned from working on them when they were new swayed me. I couldn't be happier with the quality of both products and how well my truck runs after running with a tired pump and injector set.

You must be registered for see images attach

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Industrial injection is a company based in salt lake that my father in law has done a lot of business with. I was just curious is any 7.3 owners on this forum had bought from them.

I've tried to use them but they had zero interest in helping out or offering info. I'm sure they'll sell you a pump but the support will probably be next to zero.

If you are in UT and want to give a shop a try Baker's Diesel was a great help to me.

https://www.bakersdiesel.com/