need help with upgrades 2006,6.6L,2500hd 4x4

captmike866

Reaction score
she's a bone stock 2006,6.6L,2500hd 4x4. Which upgrades and product manufactorsdo you think? Where to start exahust or intake? I would like to lift the truck only about 2-3 " just to get a little larger tire onboard. Must stay hwy driveable. What about engine programmers? their everywhere. exhaust sys / turbo back or cat back? Any help or just opinions would be great.
Thanks, Capt Mike.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
I'd do exhaust first, IMO. Lowers EGT's moreso than an intake on a Dmax. You can turn the torsion bars up to fit larger tires, and maybe add a leaf to the rear spring pack. I'd stay away from a programmer unless you are prepared to shell out $12,000 for a new motor. There are several reports about cracked pistons in the new motors stock, much less with added HP.

Justin

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Exhaust is always a good upgrade followed by intake. Go with a full 4" system turbo to tail. Don't waste money on a programmer. You can get much more and much better power out of something like the Edge Juice - Attitude combo. I still don't understand why people feel the need to lift a 8000 lb truck. It's not an off-road truck and lifting it too much will screw up the towing abilities greatly. Stock you can run 285's easily. If you really want to go higher, get a set of torsion keys and that will give you an inch or 2 and you can run 305s.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
As far as suspension. Check out Cognito Motorsports leveling kit. Good for 2-3inches in front. Be careful because the more you read, the more you'll find out how GM screwed up the front geometry...making it expensive to fix or modify.

As far as programmers, etc. I agree with the others. Not really necessary, but if you do, it will void your warranty. Consider beefing the tranny first. That warranty is up at 36K anyway. Go with a cat-back (removing cat also voids warranty). The intake on the LBZ is as good as it gets until you modify to the point where you need a lot more air. You might get a little better flow by changing the ducting, but the filtration is plenty. I think most change it because the $300 intake system looks cooler. JMHO

Tom

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online